LegacyGT.com

Greetings

sbwagrx

Thanks. I originally wanted this with out the spoiler, however there weren't many SWP's in New England to chose from. I'm happy with what I got.

Now some questions. How similar is the 08's and 09's?

I haven't searched yet but when I turn on the rear defroster the radio station gets full of static. Not a big concern as I have Sat radio but would like to know if it is a common problem.

-Seth

i think theres a TSB (technical service bulletin) about that. check out www.thel7.com it has all of your TSB and recall needs

Thanks, I will check that out. I wonder why they wouldn't fix that before I took delivery...

Thanks all. I wanted the white and no other color. So I had to be patient when purchasing it.

Thanks. I originally wanted this with out the spoiler, however there weren't many SWP's in New England to chose from. I'm happy with what I got.

Now some questions. How similar is the 08's and 09's?

I haven't searched yet but when I turn on the rear defroster the radio station gets full of static. Not a big concern as I have Sat radio but would like to know if it is a common problem.

-Seth

I have a white 08 w/out a spoiler if you want to swap. Already de-badged. LMK and welcome.

I have a white 08 w/out a spoiler if you want to swap. Already de-badged. LMK and welcome.

Thanks for the offer and before I bought the car intended to do just that, however I'm going stick with the spoiler. I mean after all it adds hp! :lol:

I swear I see more lgts with out them then with them.

• 1 year later...

One Year 5 month Update.... Sorry been busy. CN at end.

Just about a year old I started hearing some engine noises. Made an appointment at the dealership to get it checked out. This was right before Christmas. It had a spun rod and there was sure to be more damage inside the engine. No warning lights ever came on. Just noises, but otherwise drove fine.

I had to provide proof of all my oil changes which weren't many with only 15,500 miles on the car.... I did that. I did not have any mods, so that was not an issue. They first said they were going to take the engine apart and repair whatever damage they found. SoA however told them to replace the entire engine and turbo. So a new engine was sent for my car under warranty. I was a little annoyed about them asking for proof that I got oil changes done, but I understand it.

I got the car back on New Years Eve. That night on the way to a friends house for the night pretty much every warning light came on... No noises however. Took the car back in a few days later and they said some paint on the new engine had over heated some sensor.... Got it back that day.

About 1000 miles into the new engine I started hearing a different sound while shifting between the frist 3 gears. Brought it back in again. When they put the new engine in they did not tighten the transmission mounts fully. Now the car is fine.

I had a 04 WRX Wagon before this LGT, and I put a good amount of mods on it and never had a hiccup. Haven't put a single mod on this car and I'm on the second engine.... Hopefully no more problems

CN: Spun rod at 15,500 miles, new engine under warranty, dealership doesn't make sure they put everything back together correctly. Car all better.

Archived