LegacyGT.com

AC squealing

Another AC question for a '95 Legacy. When I turn on the AC I hear a fairly loud squealing noise for 3-5 seconds. AC still works, it's not artic cold, but it still works.

I've never had the AC checked in the 2.5 years I've had the car.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Might not hurt to have it checked. If go to Roberts in Downingtown they will look at it without charging you. As I recall, I didn't pay very much a few years ago when I took my '96 there and they checked for leaks and recharged it.

Might not hurt to have it checked. If go to Roberts in Downingtown they will look at it without charging you. As I recall, I didn't pay very much a few years ago when I took my '96 there and they checked for leaks and recharged it.

I'm not sure I trust them. I went to local mechanic for a 2nd opinion on the head gasket. He said just keep driving it, it's not leaking bad enough to need a new gasket. When I changed the oil I could see some oil on the underside of the engine, but I don't see any on the ground. But at least Roberts told me it's not worth fixing the head gasket.

If I go to dealer I'll probably go back to Concordville instead.

When did you have the belt changed last??

IIRC when I had it in for 30K mile service about 2 years ago. I don't see how that would make a difference, it only squeals when I turn on the AC.

Archived