LegacyGT.com

Blown Turbo...?'s for replacement

• Mega Users
Alright, I have a 2005 LGT 5EAT with a blown VF40. SOA is sold out of all turbos at the moment. The only one i can get new and in a reasonable amount of time is a VF52. I would like to run this on stock injectors, pump, and exhaust temporarily. I have megan racing headers w/ upipe @ home and i will have a downpipe that I can gut. I would like to get the VF 52 installed w/ the stock exhaust components and flash a stock-like tune until I get home to install the headers/downpipe with a beefier tune to follow. Does anyone see a problem with this? Also I know it can be driven w/o a tune but i've got a three hour drive over some fairly serious hills and I don't want to worry about boosting and damaging anything else god forbid. I've been trying to get this fixed for over a week now and it's looking like it will be going into next week. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I have a low mileage, stock LGT VF40 sitting in my garage; approx 46k, was removed to upgrade turbo. No shaft play, spins freely.

$300.00 shipped in the U.S.

You could just drop the turbo in and run wastegate pressure by taking the vacuum line from the turbo and attach it directly to the wastegate.

You could floor it all you want then too. It won't be much power, but it'll be plenty safe.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived