LegacyGT.com

How do i remove Ecutek??

robert

So i decided to go stage one finally. I drove 140 miles to Yimi Sports to buy the Cobb AP v2.0. They couldnt get the AP to interface with my ecu. After an hour of trying different AP with different firmware and a quick run around the block while datalogging .....they believe i have already had a reflash using Ecutek. I am the second owner of the car and i bought it from a dealer so i bought it "as is". Whats worse is they say the Tune is "piss poor" and i would be better off with a stock ECU.. (i am like at 11 for boost when i should be at 14??) WTF? Would someone please tell me there is a way to fix this??

apparently not.....not really 100% sure if it is ecutek.

I only want to go stage 2 with the ability to revert to stock for warrantys sake. Now i am getting sick just thinking about this. Is there a way to prove that i didnt put ecutek in and i got it from the dealer like this?

Look at it like this - you were going to get tuned anyways, which pretty much voids your powertrain warranty at that point. So go ahead & get it so you can use the AccessPort & move on...if you were going to leave it stock it'd be a different story, then you'd have something to complain about (losing warranty coverage).

Flashing back to stock when you bring it in for repair is plain old warranty fraud, you pay to play. In this case you're only out the aggravation of trying to figure out what the last guy did, part of buying a used car sometimes.

lmao...thats why i said karma is a real mo-fo! i was thinking of enjoying the AP benefits but if i got problems from the car i would un-marry the AP and hide behind the warranty.

The bad: i got burned

The good: No reason not to mod my ride anymore ;)

i've had this problem. You have to physically unplug the ECU from the car to let it do a hard reboot. Leave it unplugged for about 5 min. then reattach and try again.

I've had to do this everytime I switch tuners.. (from COBB off the shelf to a Protuner.... then again from one Protuner to another)

This is what COBB told us to do when we couldn't get it to connect. I doubt anyone left an ecutek tune on the car as that's easy $$ to resell.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived