LegacyGT.com

Best Winter Cars Business Week Online

Our legacy is not named specifically, but we all know what an Outbackreally is.;)

Plus to have the Impreza on there is good for suby too!

I don't know if this is in preference order or just a list.

http://finance.yahoo.com/insurance/article/103939/What-to-Drive-in-Winter

Make & ModelStarting Price

Subaru Impreza 2.5i$17,640

Volvo C30$23,395

Honda Accord$20,995

Buick Lucerne$27,100

Mercedes-Benz C300 4Matic Sport Sedan$35,215

Mercedes-Benz S550 4Matic$90,475

Subaru Outback$22,640

Volvo XC70$37,520

Audi A6 Avant$49,000

Honda Ridgeline$28,635

Toyota FJ Cruiser$23,975 (with AWD)Hummer H2$56,410

Land Rover Range Rover HSE$77,250

Saturn Vue$21,450

Toyota Tundra$27,165 (with AWD)

Yes, and did you read the rest of the article???

VERMONT wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Subarus are a popular choice in snow country, and Subaru only offers all-wheel drive. Nationwide, Subaru has a market share of just over 1%. That rises to around 4% in New England, 5% in Colorado, and 6% in Alaska, according to spokesman Dominick Infante. In Vermont, where Subaru has close to an 8% share, Infante jokes that, "Subarus are standard issue when you arrive."

I guess this ends all the posts about what state has the most Subies :lol: Colarado and Alaska lose, but not by much.

Yes, AWD makes driving in the snow less of a worry (at least with snow tires) :lol: If I move anywhere else, I will probably ditch AWD, but here is is very useful.

Supposed to get 6 inches of snow tomororw night....... 17 degrees outside right now:)

Wait, there was a contest about which state has the most Subarus? I didn't get that memo... :spin:

Here in WA Subies are all over, I can't count the times I come up to an intersection and it's 3 Subies abreast. At least once a month I find myself on the freeway with a Leggy family tree around me, with 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th gen Legacies in nearby lanes and sometimes a GL thrown in for good measure.

Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Wait, there was a contest about which state has the most Subarus? I didn't get that memo... :spin:

Here in WA Subies are all over, I can't count the times I come up to an intersection and it's 3 Subies abreast. At least once a month I find myself on the freeway with a Leggy family tree around me, with 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th gen Legacies in nearby lanes and sometimes a GL thrown in for good measure.

I remember reading a few posts a while back about what state has the most Subies..

How do you know in VT I am not surrounded by Subies at almost every traffic light?? lol Usually, I am. I my way to work, I pass at least 2 or 3 that are idential to mine, not even couting the I series all the outbacks. They are all over. So many Gt's now it's hardly worth it to wave to people. When I first got mine it was kinda rare being the new model and everything, not anymore.

With all due respect, Business Week is not a bastion of automotive expertise.

I'd trust the opinions of the editors of Siberian Chauffeur, Norwegian Motorist, Canadian Ice Road Driver, or Alaskan Musher over Business Week.

Although WA may have more subies, I think the contest was for Subaru function, not subaru Fashion;) Same in Oregon.

I remember reading a few posts a while back about what state has the most Subies..

How do you know in VT I am not surrounded by Subies at almost every traffic light?? lol Usually, I am. I my way to work, I pass at least 2 or 3 that are idential to mine, not even couting the I series all the outbacks. They are all over. So many Gt's now it's hardly worth it to wave to people. When I first got mine it was kinda rare being the new model and everything, not anymore.

Sure, but MA and NH have many more in total. There are seven dealers in VT, 12 in NH, and 19 in MA. There are 40 towns in MA where the Legacy/Outback is the most popular vehicle. There were 4,367 Subarus registered in Boston alone in 2006. On my little residential street alone there are two Outbacks, two Imprezas, a Legacy and a WRX.

New England as a whole is said to have 48% of all Subarus on the road in North America, but I don't know where that number came from.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

With all due respect, Business Week is not a bastion of automotive expertise.

I'd trust the opinions of the editors of Siberian Chauffeur, Norwegian Motorist, Canadian Ice Road Driver, or Alaskan Musher over Business Week.

I agree. I also can't imagine how the Volvo C30 is a good winter car. Someone care to explain that to me? :confused:

Archived