LegacyGT.com

Please HELP! What is this?!

redfly17

This might be a very foolish question but does anyone know what this is or what its used for and most importantly how the hell do I take it off? It's a small plastic fixture/container hanging from the ceiling of my trunk. Please let me know. Forgive me if this has anything to do with the trunk light because I broke mine a couple years ago.

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/4/10921211578.jpg

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/4/10921211479.jpg

I have a box of all five belts, ABS, Air-bags etc out of my drag wrx....I'll check in da morn. I forgot how it's held in, of course it has a couple of big bolts, to hold a 250lb person from going thru the windshield. I have no idea why they put a plastic rattle box on it.

Great. More crap to trash the site. Not even funny. Please don't start just posting nonsense. I'll be outta here in .2sec if everybody starts that.

69chevy, I would think a new mod would be against trashing a thread with BS posts. If I were a mod, I'd have given you a warning, or deleted your posts. Now you are giving the thumbs up??? Super.

Testy, Testy...geez. I mean we can't "spare a square" or two for some mindless humor every once in a while :mad: .

BACK ON TOPIC:

It is possible to remove the box and, yes you do have to remove the rear deck.

The steps are as follows:

1. Remove the bottom of the back seat, should be two bolts in the front and a clip in the back. (Sorry don't have an '05+ infront of me but have removed this part before) Look where the front bottom of the seat meets the carpet and there are fasteners that need to be removed (either bolts or pull tabs that free the front part of the bottom of the seat). Then examine where the two parts of the seat meet and you will see a "hook and catch" near the middle of the car (slightly to the driver's side). Seperate the two by lifting up the front of the bottom (pacman the seats parts) and pull it towards the front seats.

2. Remove the back of the back seat (vertical part), there are two bolts near where the bottom of the seat belts bolt in that attach the seat to the body. Then lift the seat vertcally straight up (it is held on by "hook and catches" located just below and behind the headrests). This should free the second part, although it will still be teathered by the seat belts.

3. Remove the third brake light, should be pretty self explanatory if you look under the deck and around the light.

4. Remove the rear deck, at this point it should be a matter of just lifting from the center of the deck and bending it slightly to free it from the grooves in the c-pillars. Pull towards the front of the car and you will have exposed the bolts and clips that hold the belt and dreaded box in.

5. Remove the bolts and box. Reassemble.

This is not a task for someone without patience and a delicate hand, so be careful.

Wish I could have pics of it for you but I don't have access to an 05+ right now.

Good Luck

Here are some pictures to go along with the instructions above (just to give you a basic idea of what this project entails). Obviously these are of an '01, however manufacturers don't vary this stuff too dramatically. The location of the various clips, bolts etc are generally in the same place in all cars but there may be a fastener where a bolt is or visa versa, but this should give you a starting point.

295204349_Boxremoval1.jpg.049a78177be133f493e8f3766fe5ff51.jpg

1754687820_Boxremoval2.jpg.aecf14ce9d15d95f6d8d45a683590f47.jpg

You rock guy!! Sorry for the bashing. I'm in a chitty mood. Waaaayy tooo much work in my business now. I bought a new boat, but haven't had time to even put gas in it. I often lash out at strangers for no reason..

I use to have my sig "I'm an ass" just as a warning. Nothing personal, it's just me being me. :)

I have a $40k++ Subaru drag car that has been sitting in my driveway for years!! I'm an idiot.

Great. More crap to trash the site. Not even funny. Please don't start just posting nonsense. I'll be outta here in .2sec if everybody starts that.

promise? :hide:

69chevy, I would think a new mod would be against trashing a thread with BS posts. If I were a mod, I'd have given you a warning, or deleted your posts. Now you are giving the thumbs up??? Super.

69chevy is not a mod and people come here to learn and have fun. The site is too big for us to police everything. If you feel there is an issue use the report button :)

Archived