LegacyGT.com

SD: Downpipe/exhaust install

Denver133

Anyone have a suggestion on who could install my new exhaust and downpipe here in San Diego?

I have installed both before but had a lift so it was a lot easier.

Please let me know. Everything should be here by Friday so I should be ready to go this weekend if I find the spot.

Thanks!

Take a day off and head out to hb speed or I know an awesome guy in temecula.

PM me if you want his number.

Btw if you can't wait to put the catback on bring it over this weekend. Can at least get that in.

car for sale. PM me!

Catback should be here by Thursday. I know I could probably do that myself or with the helpful hands of Lawl. But the DP is just such a pain without a lift. jsalicru, I got your PM. I am seeing what my weekend trip to SLC might look like. If it happens and I have my stuff, I am just going to get it done there. Otherwise, I will will give you a ring.

Crawford is the only shop I would trust. Dont go there for a good deal, go there to do it right the first time. But seriously, I thought I was going to pay someone to install my dp, but before I did I decided I would check it out to see how hard it was. Well after loosening one bolt, and 2 bolts, before I knew it the dp was unbolted from the turbo and I was ready to jack up my car. Total time of the project without even meaning to start it was 2 hours and I learned a lot about potential mistakes doing it on my car and I bought all the odds and ends tools to do it right.

Moral of the story, we can do it at my house in a couple hours with a 6 pack if you want and I didnt even have a jack, I used the one from my trunk.

^ n00bs below this line

I say just go to brandens since he offered up and knows how to do it. I would do it for you but I don't have my jack or anything where I'm living now.

I'll help if need be.

car for sale. PM me!

ispeed is nextdoor/same building/whatever to crawford and they do a lot of stuff together.

here is what concerns me

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/built-motor-discussion/41685-bobblehead-legend-continues-starting-page-10-a.html

among other things.

i realize this is 2 years old or more but enough in there to make me not want to have anything to do with him. i'd rather drive the extra 40 minutes elsewhere.

car for sale. PM me!

I thought they were a tuner, but the ispeed thing was a bummer. As for an engine rebuild, I had them on my short list if the 08 pistons become a problem.

I am friends with Bill who started and is I-speed, the problem is that Crawford is geared towards projects like building a DC/Subaru rally car or building an maintaining a regular racecar for a rich customer, they arent good at offering cheap shit for bargains. If you want to drop 10k and build a racecar, go to Crawford, if you want to throw some gnarly parts at your car and still hope you can daily drive it go somewhere else, they have a target customer and unfortunately most of us are not it. lol Oh and they dont do the Cobb AP, but I am schmoozing them and they are close to jumping the fence.

Like I said, I can help you, Im moving this weekend into my condos so next week would be best but just lemme know, Im up for anything.

^ n00bs below this line

That's the thing about them. In the big money racing world you can afford to keep rebuilding stuff. Busted motor after the race who cares rebuild before next race.

We are not these people. The ken block monster sti has had at least 6 motors iirc.

Like I said we are not these people.

car for sale. PM me!

I thought they were a tuner, but the ispeed thing was a bummer. As for an engine rebuild, I had them on my short list if the 08 pistons become a problem.

They will be more then good for a simple piston job and I-speed does tune, they're just a bit pricey.

Yeah, I don't know about Crawford/I-Speed myself. 1. I'm pretty sure they don't do AP 2. Haven't had the best personal experience with them.

HB Speed is great.

Also, don't look at me and rule me out just cause its in a garage. Many users here will vouch for the quality of work that I've done. I work on easy things like oil changes, to turbo swaps, to meth-injection, to big brake kits and coilovers.

Cars that have had work in my garage range from CRX Engine swaps and GTi VR6 turbo to 450+whp STi to a 911TT that I did a ported GT2 turbo swap.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Also, don't look at me and rule me out just cause its in a garage. Many users here will vouch for the quality of work that I've done. I work on easy things like oil changes, to turbo swaps, to meth-injection, to big brake kits and coilovers.

Cars that have had work in my garage range from CRX Engine swaps and GTi VR6 turbo to 450+whp STi to a 911TT that I did a ported GT2 turbo swap.

:whore:

There isn't anything wrong with a garage. That's where I do all my work.

Archived