LegacyGT.com

Anyone have a headlight burn out?

highwaydrifter

Moto,

The headlight moisture isn't as noticable after the trip down. Hope it's noticable to the dealer.

Still going to try to get the dealer to replace the housing tomorrow morning.

Wonder if I can get them to reimburse me for the bulb I replaced?

Still cant believe headlight bulbs are covered under warranty though.

I just decided to get better bulbs.. the stock Slyvanias are like less than $5 each.. I think I spend more time driving to the dealer, pay for the gas to get there, sit and wait for the tech to get around to installing the bulb. I'll just run to the closest Advanced Auto and put the bulb in myself ;)

Keefe

Keefe

Moisture has totally disapeared. Dealer wouldn't replace housing (can't blame them). They did say that extreme swings in temp/humidity would/could cause the moisture.

I asked the dealer about what I can do to get reimbursed for the bulb I bought and installed, and they said to write to Subaru and send them the receipt. They have heard of them taking care of you.

So, those of you who replaced a headlight bulb and still have the receipt, send it in and see what it'll get you. Only costs a stamp. Nothing to loose really.

Less than 20 miles, both were blown - what the heck, right? I actually drove the car home during the day from the dealership and was familiarizing myself with guages/instruments. I found that my highs/fogs/parking lights/taillights/indicators worked fine but low beams wouldn't come on. I took it back the next day, Subaru technicians were like, "wth?", ran some diagnostics on electrical system, replaced the bulbs, and I've been good since. However, I still think it's sort of disturbing that I drove off the lot with a blind car...if I had been coming home 45 min later, I'd have been screwed royally.

• 5 months later...
Just burnt out my headlight bulb for the 3rd time in 15k mi. It's the passenger side again. I am defiantly going to keep my receipt and send it in to Subaru. I can't afford to pay for a new bulb so often; I need to pay for college. Does anyone know to which Subaru address do I send the receipt? Thanks.

Archived