LegacyGT.com

[CO] Suspension Work | What/where for OBXT?

PrelateBishop

As the title of this thread suggests, I shall be needing some assistance with the '09 BOXT. It presently is 100% stock, but me thinks that needs to change. Yes, I've seen the Lowered Outback Thread, but I wouldn't mind actually speaking with someone and charting an upgrade plan.

To that end, anyone have a suggestion(s) for a shop and or person locally from the board to meet/chat with regarding lowering the Outback? Wheels/tires will be part of this too, so a little knowledge about that wouldn't hurt either.

Better yet, if you've got a lowered OBXT (or LGT wagon, assuming the same parts would be applicable), I'd love it if you chimed-in.

Thanks in advance.

Did you look thru this thread? http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/info-ob-gt-suspension-geometry-removing-spacer-180579.html

"Dumping" or whatever you want to do with your Obie is more than just slapping on LGT bits. Unless you don't mind the non-correctable geometry changes or poor tire wear.

IMO if you're looking for looks/drop trade for a LGT wagon. Just my few cents.

Did you look thru this thread? http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/info-ob-gt-suspension-geometry-removing-spacer-180579.html

"Dumping" or whatever you want to do with your Obie is more than just slapping on LGT bits. Unless you don't mind the non-correctable geometry changes or poor tire wear.

I actually had forgotten about that thread, so thanks. When I do this, I'm gonna do it right.

As for getting rid of the car 'cuz it is more of a challenge, frankly, that's the most absurd thing I've ever heard. :icon_roll

You don't need all that to require a lowered ob. Its only if you want to slam your ob. Running gt spring/shocks with an alignment is just fine. I'm also sure you're not tracking your ob every weekend. No need for all that work.

You don't need all that to require a lowered ob. Its only if you want to slam your ob. Running gt spring/shocks with an alignment is just fine. I'm also sure you're not tracking your ob every weekend. No need for all that work.

Ah! A voice of reason!! :)

Is your OB lowered? If so, mind disclosing the details?

I'm not going for the slammed look by any means. Instead, I would like an aggressive stance. Me thinks LGT height would probably be fine, altho a smidgen lower wouldn't be out of the question.

What functional purpose are you seeking out? Performance or aesthetics? I went from a lowered 06 STi to a stock OBXT ride. Wasn't comfortable with the bounce and roll through each turn, or while driving in a straight line on the freeway. Therefore, I looked through the threads and found people suggesting the LGT ride setup. I went a step beyond and found some Tein-stech springs to throw on as well, mainly because a local guy has a similar setup that I subjectively saw. The ride is much stiffer around a turn, much bouncer when hitting bumps, but with the sway bars and endlinks, it rides perfect for me. I had to throw in LGT bump stops in the rear some saggy bottom spacers and also the Whiteline rear camber bushing kit. The camber is a bit off in the rear, but its nothing noticeable visibly in stance and I after 10k, there isn't a noticeable amount of tire wear. But as mentioned, to each their own. I don't drive the car off road, it's more or less a commuting vehicle on freeways and city streets. I have a lexus rx300 and a jeep cherokee if I choose to roll dirty.

I did epic/ Koni on my obxt and it handles a hell of a lot better. This setup is a little lower then the lgt swap, 1" in the front and .8" in the rear. I put 3/8 spacers in the rear to level it out. I am also about to install bump stop kit, rear chamber bolts and lgt rear upper control arms.

Archived