LegacyGT.com

BL/BP Legacy GT Meaty Tire Thread

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

However, they can be modified to be functional with Legacy fenders and can fit 245/40 on 18x9 easily with no camber or rubbing while being lowered.

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae216/eliotteltgroth/_D705093%201_zpsyns88c1n.jpg

thats nice, but you can make the same tire fit without flares just with a pull and roll. if you go through the trouble of adding flares, you better fit a 275+ tire on that car.

thats nice, but you can make the same tire fit without flares just with a pull and roll. if you go through the trouble of adding flares, you better fit a 275+ tire on that car.

True, but it's just my temporary winter setup.

However, they can be modified to be functional with Legacy fenders and can fit 245/40 on 18x9 easily with no camber or rubbing while being lowered.

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae216/eliotteltgroth/_D705093%201_zpsyns88c1n.jpg

Car goals. Flares would also take care of my quarter panel rust. :lol::lol: Pretty sure i follow you on insta as well.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

well then, you;d better come back with something special for the summer ;) i ran 255's without flares. i better see some 285s from you.

I started looking at wheels today. I think Enkei RS05RR's in 18x9.5 +43 with a 265/35 tire will fit under stock fenders with a roll and slight pull up front.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

I started looking at wheels today. I think Enkei RS05RR's in 18x9.5 +43 with a 265/35 tire will fit under stock fenders with a roll and slight pull up front.

a couple pics from when I tried this - http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3908620&postcount=14805

it's more than a roll to make it fit.

I really like the new GTC01RR. Too bad the most concave face is only available in 5x114.3 :(

a couple pics from when I tried this - http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3908620&postcount=14805

it's more than a roll to make it fit.

I think the added offset might be the ticket to making it work. And I had a feeling that link went to those pictures. Those sit in my mind when I'm looking at wheels.

2005 Vader Wagon

I think the added offset might be the ticket to making it work. And I had a feeling that link went to those pictures. Those sit in my mind when I'm looking at wheels.

the wheels/tire mounted ok. however, the rear trailing arms hit the tires. we tried all manner of adjustments to make it work, as I have all the WL bits in the back for that attempt.

The fronts worked ok. If you took out the fender liners, there would have been little to no contact.

There's a guy in Toronto who posted pics of wide tires mounted on a lgt wagon with STI hubs. However, he never posted how it was done.

Being a mechanical engineer with access to CNC machines, you might be able to make a custom rear arm with a bit of a bend on the front edge of the arm. Or make a new mounting hole so the rear wheel is centered in the opening (gyrodisc has a post on how he did this).

net-net, you can have room on the inside or room on the outside. No amount of camber could make my wheels fit, short of a lot of cutting. At one point, "tubbing" for rear wheel clearance was discussed along with mild flares.

this was the stage where I started looking at the rear subframe from a 2008 STI to swap in, which would have solved several problems: trailing arm clearance, sti hubs, sti brakes, 275/295 tires.

^ this, too.

Ask yourself why you want really wide tires. If bling , flares are easiest. if autox, money. If track, money. The money solutions will require suspension mods to make it work correctly. if bling, 240sx flares have been the best solution so far.

V2 of girodisc - dead mister posted pics of 18x10s on a lgt. He's a fantastic fabricator and posts enough teaser pics to give you hope. He was offering parts at one time.

Jesus 275's thats insane. I love the RS05RR wheels but I ended up getting Wedssport SA15R's(18x9.5 48). Gonna throw 265/35 on them. When I initially had 265/35 on my Miro 111(18x9.5 40) no matter what I did those bitches needed flares. 245's looks like the closest thing with stock fenders. I ran 235's and the fronts were still a headache, rears were perfect.

the wheels/tire mounted ok. however, the rear trailing arms hit the tires. we tried all manner of adjustments to make it work, as I have all the WL bits in the back for that attempt.

The fronts worked ok. If you took out the fender liners, there would have been little to no contact.

There's a guy in Toronto who posted pics of wide tires mounted on a lgt wagon with STI hubs. However, he never posted how it was done.

Being a mechanical engineer with access to CNC machines, you might be able to make a custom rear arm with a bit of a bend on the front edge of the arm. Or make a new mounting hole so the rear wheel is centered in the opening (gyrodisc has a post on how he did this).

net-net, you can have room on the inside or room on the outside. No amount of camber could make my wheels fit, short of a lot of cutting. At one point, "tubbing" for rear wheel clearance was discussed along with mild flares.

this was the stage where I started looking at the rear subframe from a 2008 STI to swap in, which would have solved several problems: trailing arm clearance, sti hubs, sti brakes, 275/295 tires.

^ this, too.

Ask yourself why you want really wide tires. If bling , flares are easiest. if autox, money. If track, money. The money solutions will require suspension mods to make it work correctly. if bling, 240sx flares have been the best solution so far.

V2 of girodisc - dead mister posted pics of 18x10s on a lgt. He's a fantastic fabricator and posts enough teaser pics to give you hope. He was offering parts at one time.

I'll probably eventually do flares. I definitely saw deadMr's fab work with the rear trailing arm to get it centered in the wheel well and I will definitely do that. It just looks so wrong that the wheel is pulled forward in the wheel well

2005 Vader Wagon

• 4 weeks later...
Definitely one of my favorite pictures of any legacy ever

Ha! Thanks man! I really like this photographer and I'm saddened that I won't be able to use him for these shots once I move to San Antonio.