LegacyGT.com

My left rear door is stuck shut

f1anatic

My left rear door is stuck shut.

I am pissed. I have to take it in.

It seems that the little lever by the door opener is somehow not working properly cause it no longer "swings". It may be the electromagnet too. But somehow some sort of spring mechanism is deranged, me thinks.. Obviously the door was working just fine up to and including last night till the moment I arrived home and wanted to take my coat from the rear seat.

• 6 years later...
Just solved this same problem on my 06 lgt, rear door lock stuck and door shut. Rolled down the window, removed the 3 screws from behind inside handle and armrest, popped the top of the door skin off with a screwdriver carefully then removed pannel fairly easily from there. Then reached inside the door towards the lock mechinism and felt around for the locking arm for a couple mins and flipped it toward the outside of the door. Opened door then found the door handle cable was not moving freely and ended up replacing the whole handle due to a faulty spring, the cable was not fully repeating causing the lever by the locking mech to not line up properly. Hope this helps bc there is not much info on this topc and it is very easy to remove door pannel with door closed. I have a spec b so I wasn't going to destroy my brick red inserts or drill through the door like I saw as some suguest.

• 3 weeks later...

There's also the issue of breaking off a plastic piece that actuates the door release.

My rear dr door was frozen shut - water and overnight freeze. I pulled hard on the handle and heard the latch open, but no give, then pulled harder to pull the door open. I felt something snap and fall inside the door. I could open it from the inside, but the outside handle just pulls without doing anything. I disassembled and quickly found out the door has a key lever made of plastic! Ended up having the replacement handle primed and painted, then I installed.

This sound familiar? You might have broken the handle.

300k miles, BNR 16g, CryoTune, 'Bullet-Proofed' IC, Motor rebuild @ 250k b/c of a cracked exhaust valve. Original 5 EAT. Oil changed religiously @ 3,000 mi.

Archived