LegacyGT.com

Do It Yourself Disaster !!!!

violhence

Bump for IYAMDMAN's disaster-by-design pic... someone still has a copy, I hope.

That one looped all the way around, from FAIL back to WIN.

Oh yes indeed.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t265/Spoonwacker/IYAMDMAN.jpg

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

I wish I took pictures of my horribly failed attempt with EL-wiring and my headlamp's "clear streaks."

That was definite teh FAIL.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

My most recent one was with using the jack that comes with the car... while the car had no parking brakes... while the car was chucked by using bricks (never was a problem before)... while the car was on my driveway with a slight incline.

I had no parking brake because I was replacing the rear rotor and parking brake shoes. I chucked my wheels like I normally do with these two bricks. I disengaged the brake and put the car in gear. Putting the car in gear usually only lets the car move no more than an inch.

I had the rear wheel off and a thought popped into my mind, " I should put this rear tire under the car just incase the car falls since I didn't have jackstands to work with. Yes, the wheels were my PFF7s... :( the bad winter sets though :).

So I'm not doing any work on the car yet and the car starts to roll backwards with one wheel not attached and on the scissor jack! The car rolled back about 6 inches and stopped. The scissor jack went from 90 degrees to sideways at 45 degrees. The car was now sitting on the face of the wheel. A fresh steamy pile of crap is in my pants. I found a pair of more suitable chucks for the wheels and lifted the corner back up with the scissor jack.

The scissor jack was surprisingly fine and not twisted, bent, or broken. My wheel has a small knick on the face. I guess these bricks I used were only good when I had wheels that were smaller than 18s. Lesson learned, only use objects that are designed to be used as wheel chucks. ALWAYS use a jack stand. Do your best NOT to work on an incline.

ROFL! :lol: Glad everything came out OK!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I white lettered my tires using touch up paint...it flaked off and I felt like a tool spending all that time...:lol:

then I tried that Fusion paint (the plastic spray paint, sprayed it in the lid of the cap and applied it with a brush) and it wasn't thick enough...

but now I have blackwalls again!

Archived