LegacyGT.com

2005-2009 brake recall notice is sent out

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your state is not part of the recall. Only northern states.

I'll try and link you to the other threads about this.

here's one.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2005-2009-legacy-outback-brake-line-recall-206516.html

Not much there, but the notice popped up in March this year.

try this one.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/recall-2005-2009-legacy-and-outbacks-204977.html

or here,

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/05-09-legacy-outback-brake-line-corrosion-recall-204831.html

Just made the appointment to have my wagon inspected June 11th at 4:15PM. I'm busy next week, don't have the time.

She said they should have the parts on Monday to support any repairs needed.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

They may have the parts. Subaru is shipping the undercoating the week of June 2nd, and should be at all dealers by that Friday.

Also, if the car has ever been registered in the northern states, it qualifies for the recall. While I live in VA (which isn't on the list), the car was sold in Maryland (which is on the list) so my car gets the recall.

I like to cook my pets and my family.

Use commas. Don't be a psycho.

not a big deal. just scheduled mine for the 10th. takes about an hour she said.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I also got the email. Rather not bring my car to the dealer, I don't trust them with my car. Plus in the 4 years I've owned my car its only been in two winters and they have been fairly mild winters at that.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

I also got the email. Rather not bring my car to the dealer, I don't trust them with my car. Plus in the 4 years I've owned my car its only been in two winters and they have been fairly mild winters at that.

I'll be sitting with my car...waiting for them to do the inspection, I'll be there for the repair too if needed.

I understand your concern about leaving the car and coming back later.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I didn't check the other threads yet, but I want to know exactly where they are looking at "fixing" I'll do it my self.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

prediction about mine: with 226k on it, they'll come out and say: "ok...all done. btw....did you know that this needs to be replaced....."
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

prediction about mine: with 226k on it, they'll come out and say: "ok...all done. btw....did you know that this needs to be replaced....."

Your talking about the car... right ? :) LOL

Yeah, it is a simple inspection to do yourself, that's for sure. Just requires two people to actually check for any fluid leakage when you stomp on the brake pedal. If it's rusted enough, I don't see how spraying it with rust inhibitor really fixes it, it just prolongs it maybe a bit.

Either way, I'll be having the dealer look at it when I get the car back on the road... it was an MD car, so its eligible. If it were a GA car, it would have been rust-proofed by some GA red clay! haha

Your state is not part of the recall. Only northern states.

Luckily I double checked, but this recall applies if the car was ever registered in those northern States too(which is my case,car was originally from NJ).

If there's a recall, yes, you can have it checked out. I never received a letter(got my car used) but it shows up for my car on the Subaru website.

I guess i will do this. Can I do this even if i didn't get a letter?

Luckily I double checked, but this recall applies if the car was ever registered in those northern States too(which is my case,car was originally from NJ).

If there's a recall, yes, you can have it checked out. I never received a letter(got my car used) but it shows up for my car on the Subaru website.

I would think that you could go to the dealer, have them check your VIN and find out the car was sold in the snow belt states.

Archived