LegacyGT.com

Wagon CBE Options

need bb

Currently I am running a Cobb catted DP with the stock catback. I am looking for something a little louder so I can at least hear the boxer rumble. I have read that the wagon needs longer cans than the sedans. What are the catback options available for us wagon owners?

Thanks

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want louder, go aftermarket mid, Y-pipe and Magnaflows.

Same mufflers, just the tips are longer. Not sure why people are saying longer cans!

I have Lachute's catted dp, mid, Y-pipe and stock mufflers, pretty happy with stock mufflers. Magnaflows were just too loud for me.

I have the Greddy SPII system but it has been discontinued.

You have very limited options as a wagon owner. You can either extend the tips on any sedan exuast or the single tip Megan exhaust is a direct fit for the wagons.

I wanted something deep but not super loud, for me. More for the performance gain of the less restricted exhaust and then put a resonator in there if it's too loud

Do you guys like the xo2 mid and y or is it cheap and not worth it to save just $1-200 on something, lesser quality.

Was originally thnking magnaflow cans on the xo2 mid and y... Putting a magnaflow can in the mid pipe as a resonator if it's still too loud for me

What do you guys recommend? Is a perrin or avo mid and y pipe sound a lot better? It's about 2-3x more and looks the same more or less

P

I had the spt sedan cbe on my wagon

Had the tips cut and extended/welded downwards

It looked good but I was looking for something quieter

P

Wouldn't the magnaflow be louder than the SPT? I thought SPT was just about as close to stock as you could get.

I am currently running the perrin mid/y with stock cans and it sounds ok. It's a little quieter than I would like. It sounds decent when you get on it but around town low rpm's it's quiet.

I've got the full perrin catback on my wagon and I have no burnt rear bumper. Hey GTstage2, do you get any type of whistling with your perrin midpipe at 3500 rpm and above?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived