LegacyGT.com

Time for new suspension...

shrike1201

After 64k miles, 15k of which have been on NYC roads, I think it's time to replace my stock suspension bits. I see a lot of options on what to put on but reading all of them just makes it that much harder to choose between. I want to replace everything that would need replacing at this mileage, i.e. struts, bushings, etc.

I'm looking to maintain the stock ride height and improve handling. The ride comfort can take a slight hit but keep in mind, this is my daily driver through the streets of NYC. I'd like to keep the cost of everything to about $2000, with a bit of play, including installation.

Please chime in with opinions as my decision will most likely be based on what receives the most recommendations. Thanks all.

subscribed.

136k on mine and i'm thinking it's almost time

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Currently, I'm looking at the RCE Tarmac 1's but the idea of being without a car everytime they needed to be serviced or rebuilt, which I would imagine would be quite often given where I live, is not acceptable. Plus it would put me over budget with the other parts I would be replacing. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking spring/strut combination is the most logical choice unless someone can covince me otherwise. This would lead me to the discontinued Eibachs with Konis, no?

Currently, I'm looking at the RCE Tarmac 1's but the idea of being without a car everytime they needed to be serviced or rebuilt, which I would imagine would be quite often given where I live, is not acceptable. Plus it would put me over budget with the other parts I would be replacing. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking spring/strut combination is the most logical choice unless someone can covince me otherwise. This would lead me to the discontinued Eibachs with Konis, no?

Put your stock struts back on when you need a rebuild. Now that you mention it, I am curious how often the rebuild is required for T1's. Or any coilover for that matter. Seems like I saw Myles post 3 years. But your three years is different than my three years.

Archived