LegacyGT.com

Getting clutch noise looked at....should I replace the clutch?

croll326

Im taking my car in for service Monday to have the clutch noise looked at. Everyone here thinks its the throw out bearing. Should I have them replace the clutch and flywheel then? They are already going to have the tranny out. 2005 LGT with 46,000 miles. No clutch problems to date. I purchased the car with 28,000. If I do replace the clutch, should i go with the OEM? I was looking at a SPEC Stage 2 kevlar clutch kit, the aluminum flywheel from www.jscspeed.com. Any other ideas? The guy at the dealer said that there is an SPT Clutch that would be better than the OEM and come with a warranty. Has anyone ever heard of this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Have it looked at...though a proper inspection isn't cheap.

My clutch noise turned into catastrophic t/o bearing failure within a 2 mile trip home from work...46,000 miles on the car...adult driven with no mods or drag starts. The trans case snout was scored enough that the t/o bearing would jam apparently. Bearing shrapnel trashed the clutch disk and flywheel. Visible damage to the trans case was key to getting it covered under warranty as opposed to the "clutches are a wear item" B.S.

JC, Chicagoland bassist & opentracker

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd wagon

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd sedan

Archived