LegacyGT.com

Front Lip Spoiler Thread

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Moved from Exterior Mods Thread.. (The link in the Exterior Mods need relinking)

Fitted a 2011+ WRX/STI CS Type 1 Lip

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/ValkrieHunter/Pearl/IMAG1354.jpghttp://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/ValkrieHunter/Pearl/IMAG1349.jpghttp://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/ValkrieHunter/Pearl/13104077133_84d625e91b_o.jpg

Here's the build thread for further questions:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2010-cs-lip-2010-lgt-213532.html

Edited by valkrie hunter

Ordered the V-Limited from Ebay yesterday, I am super excited for the install! I really like to clean look of the popits. Very clean and OEM look from underneath. I really hate the look of bright silver screws, another reason that I think the rally armor mud flaps look tacky, but still sexy, a little off topic but had to be said.

• 4 months later...
so i just ordered the smaller lip for my car and want to get it painted. i noticed that the lip out of the box is a little out of shape from the actual bumper. should i put the lip on for a few weeks so it can it can hold its shape then send it off to paint? or should i just get it painted? i just dont want the paint to crack from the flexing. any tips?

I don't think anyone (maybe ItalianLegacy) has painted the V-limited Lip yet. I would recommend installing it first and leaving it on the car for a while before you have it painted. When you install it, it needs to be warmed up (sitting in the sun) and stretched a little as you fit it. Your paint shop can put a flexative in the paint to help with any potential cracking of the paint, but it wont protect against significant bending.

i actually met up with italianlegacy (his new exhaust sounds amazing btw) this weekend i think his is actually plastidipped or something. looks like deltasniper had his painted and he listed a few pointers in the previous posts. but yeah, prolly gonna throw it on just to reduce the amount of flex.

If your paint shop is good, they should put enough flex additive to make cracking a lot less likely.

Case and point is, my car had to wade through flood water deeper than the bumper last summer, if my paint job was shit, the force of the water moving would have bent it enough to crack but my lip still looks as good as the day I got it painted.

If your paint shop is good, they should put enough flex additive to make cracking a lot less likely.

Case and point is, my car had to wade through flood water deeper than the bumper last summer, if my paint job was shit, the force of the water moving would have bent it enough to crack but my lip still looks as good as the day I got it painted.

did u have it installed on the car prior to paint at all? or did u just have it painted right away?

Painted and then installed, I would recommend installing it and then removing it and painting thereafter since drilling larger holes for the use of pop-it clips may lead to you chipping off the paint, which is what happened to me.

No need to leave the lip on for extended periods of time though, I think installing it and removing it immediately for painting would work just fine.

On a side note, I highly advocate the use of pop-its, makes removal for the winter and reinstallation for spring significantly easier, I reinstalled mine in just under 2 minutes.

Edited by DeltaSniper

On a side note, I highly advocate the use of pop-its, makes removal for the winter and reinstallation for spring significantly easier, I reinstalled mine in just under 2 minutes.
This! No reason to use screws at all. Even on the inside of the fender location. So much better to drill the holes you need and maybe even a few more and fill them all with pop-its.

This is what we did to install the front lip on my brother's 2015 WRX yesterday.

This! No reason to use screws at all. Even on the inside of the fender location. So much better to drill the holes you need and maybe even a few more and fill them all with pop-its.

This is what we did to install the front lip on my brother's 2015 WRX yesterday.

I still haven't put mine on and I am on the fence about doing this.

I still kind of feel like if you hit anything that's on level with the lip it's going to come right off though. I've noticed that the ones with the head facing down on the front fascia wear out after a while and don't hold very well. I suppose replacing them every couple years isn't that expensive though.

It is even easier if you just use the pre-existing holes for the screws and enlarge them with a drill, which is what I did.

Takes the trouble out of having to measure the distance for that.

Remember what size the bit was?

• 3 months later...