LegacyGT.com

Pedals for big feet....

stedler

Anyone have any suggestions where to find larger pedals... I've got big feet and long legs. Plus arthritus in both knee and hip.... (so it's kind of owee):eek:

Thank you very much in advance...

Stedler

I just don't think bigger pedals would help. One thing that could help make things more comfortable is to remove the under-dash panel above the pedals, but being 6'2", I also find almost ANY car to be a bit cramped for my taste in the leg-room department.

What are you trying to accomplish with larger pedals? I would think that with how close our pedals are to begin with, larger pedals might just interfere.

That under dash panel is too close for me and I wouldn't say I am tall by any means. I ended up taking my all-weather mat out from the driver's side to give me some more room. I guess Subaru was thinking small footed drivers.

Wish I could Draw you a picture. But here goes..

I'm hoping to find a way to move the accelerator and brake closer together..

(that statement is a little misleading) I'm not talking about physicaly moving the pedals themselves or the pedal assemblies (though that would be nice to do.) but a full size brake pedal like on the old 78' LTD Landau, would put enough surface area close to the accelerator pedal to make rotating your foot quite so much, not necessary..

http://images.fotosearch.com/bigcomps/PHT/PHT183/PAA183000042.jpg

about as close as the edge of the brake pedal is in the above picture that makes sense.:icon_mrgr

• 5 months later...
maybe get a shop to redesign you some longer seat rails, that should help you out some, but you can take off that under panel to get a little bit more clearance for your toes.. bigger pedals wont help, your feet are big enough to push on the smaller pedals anyways.. it's the people with smaller narrow feet that need wider pedals to rev-matching.
Keefe

Archived