LegacyGT.com

Suspension help!!!!!!!!!

Hello all

I have a 97 Legacy Brighton wagon. I was on a mission to lift this thing up about 2 inchs or to around the same ride hieght as a outback of the same GEN!!! I ordered struts from the yard and they messed up. I wanted strut assemblies from a 99-01 outback. Everthing looks the same except for the rear struts. They look like front struts of a honda or acura(They have one through bolt hole at the bottom instead of two bolts holes) Ill get some pics up tomorrow. Already pissed because they couldn't get my 98 forester assemblies Im going to get this thing up one way or another. I plan on building my own spacers on the tophats at all four corners....Heres my questions to you all..

1) What gen could these struts be from or year( I know it will be hard without a pic but tomorrow Ill get one)

2) How high a spacer will i be able to run without any drivetrain issues. I plan on going to like 5 inch spacers made out of either alluminum or pvc?????

• I Donated
i bet the stickies at the top would help clarify some cross-model part use

Your answer to freaking EVERYTHING lmao.

True though. There is a sticky thread at the top of this forum that explains all of your suspension stuff. Chances are that if the answer you're looking for isn't in that info, noone here is going to know it

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
i know dude, its getting annoying seeing the same threads over and over, haha

I know. I'm sick of seeing the same person post 5 - 6 different threads about the same thing on their car.

Seriously. This guy has asked in one thread if he could do a 90 EJ22 swap into a 97 outback. I tell him no because of the OBDII in the 97 outback. So he goes and makes a new thread about "how can i make my 90EJ22 OBDII" lol.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

i checked the stickys and they are any help for what I have. Maybe I misssed something but I didnt see anything that would help me. At this point I really have to change directions anyway. The lady I bought the car off in october didn't tell me about the age of the tires so I found out the hard way. I have threee tires that over the last 24 hrs that decieded to shift the belts inside. Now I feel like im in a low rider!!!!

to lift your 95 - 99 legacy / brighton to outback height, the easiest thing to do is install outback struts 95 - 99. they are a straight swap. pretty easy to do, just a little wrestling with rust and suspension tension.

you asked for the wrong year strut. see if you can take them back and get what you need. way easier than spacers or trying to make what you have work.

Archived