LegacyGT.com

Would a dyno tune and ECU Flash help?

kcblue

I have currenly added a cosmo racing cold air intake, megan racing header with uppipe, and a catback exhaust kit. Although I can tell significant gains in top end speed, would paying the money for a dyno tune and ECU Flash make a noticeble difference? Currently Modified by KC offers a dyno tune and ecu flash for 350.. Worth it or not? Also is it going to kill my gas mileage?

You are more or less required to get a tune at this point, if not for other reasons then for the intake alone because otherwise the car will lean out. Also, an intake is generally not needed because the stock one is not restrictive in a significant way on the stock turbo. If you want, you can ditch it without losing power. I can tell you have not done the proper research and went about mods in a hotch-botch manner, no offense. Catback is another point where you more or less will not see significant gains from. The downpipe is the droid that you are looking for.

Also, dyno tune and ECU flash are pretty much the same thing, so you are not getting 2 things.

You also need to familiarize yourself with the concept of datalogging to ensure the tune is running good after you have it done.

Maybe 1 more week. The pipes ship out the 27th. Insane pricing at $280 delivered for a catted DP. I can add you to the ist with no obligation. A secure link will be posted for ordering through subarugenerations website.

Archived