LegacyGT.com

Whiteline steering rack/rear diff bushings

Verwilderd

Does anyone have these and did they make much of a difference...particularly the steering rach bushings? I just got these and am putting the rear diff ones in today. I know are supposed to take the clunk out while drifting but what about the steering rack ones? Also do you really need an alignment after you install the steering rack ones?

Any help or thoughts on this will be helpful. I'm having issues getting one of the bolts loose on the rear diff.

Rear diff is easy too. Just break the bolts on the diff was hard for me since I was only on Jack stands and had a hard time getting leverage. Other than that it's easy.

As far as noises or squeaks there are none...just make sure you grease up the bushings before putting the in and you'll be fine.

Did the steering ones myself about 2 weeks ago. So far so good and the install was super straight forward. Easiest way to avoid an alignment is toss the car up on ramps with the wheels straight and the have someone sit in the drivers seat and hold the steering wheel dead center when you're bolting it back up!

Yeah I didn't do either of those things and I was kicking myself the second I pulled the u-joint off the input shaft. D'oh! I was within a couple of degrees putting them back together but now I will need to double-check everything and get an alignment.

Did anyone else have double-sided tape between the box and the passenger-side bushing? It took me 30 minutes to peel and clean off that tape. It's always the little things that get'cha...

Archived