LegacyGT.com

Questions regarding front bumper and license plate

GetAwayDriver

Well, as like most dealerships, my dealer screwed two holes in the front bumper to attach the plate. This was back in May05 when my LGT was new to God's great world. I was taking a once over view of my car the other day and decided to remove the plate.

I was pissed at what I saw. The plate has rubbed into the paint in some areas leaving what appears to be permanent marks. Some areas there are black lines and scuffs. In other areas, there are series of small black dots which appear to be in the paint. I was wondering if anyone else with a SWP Legacy has experience similar problems with their front plate on.

I was wondering what are some of the better solutions to cleaning this up. In addition, are there hole plugs available through Subaru to block these holes or is it best to just get them plugged and paint matched? I searched and found an older thread with suggestions and need to look into them, but I am primarily concerned about the "rash" that is on the front bumper. I'm pretty pissed about that.

I guess my overall question is how did some of you go about cleaning up your front bumper due to the fact that Subaru never provided any mounting spots for the front plate.

Thanks.

PS - I didn't know whether this belonged in Maintenance or Exterior. I took the gamble. Feel free to move if necessary.

I take it you want to do away completely with the front plate? I don't want the possible problems with no front plate (I'm in MN), but I don't like the appearance of the plate just screwed to the bumper. I used a new front license plate bracket for a Camry ('94) and it mates up to the Subaru bumper with a minimal amount of modification (did this with my wife's '02 Outback also). Some will disagree with my "solution", but it pleases me.
It is still ugly.

Yea I just have the screws in, but no plate.

I plan on making a license plate delete with the Legacy GT logo on it, once I measure the holes. We have a 3-D printer where I work and I can print whatever 3-D file I want. If all goes well, I can sell some to people wanting to get rid of the front plate. It will be black plastic but paintable, with "Legacy GT" on it.

• 1 month later...
Old thread. Thanks a ton. Great idea. The rash is really bad though. I am keeping the front plate and going to grab some rubber washers to place between the plate and the bumper. Now I have to figure out how to deal with this rash.

• 1 year later...
I will post pics once I get it done. Anyone know where I can find a good LEGACY GT logo online that somewhat matches the Subaru font?

Did you ever develope this?

If I'm going faster than you, Move Right.

Archived