LegacyGT.com

dunlop 3d's 225,45,17

quick4dr

had nokian hakkas... on my 98 grand prix and they were a good match for that car. compared to all the blizzaks and general artimax, and other tires i've road on in friends cars. these 3d's are worth their dollar. one of the best snow tires ive ever been on is the cooper one, plain and simple, cheap, solid in the deep stuff, but no performance for a spirited dry drive.

Be careful as the miles wear on. ;) Once the 3Ds approach the 6/32" point, they'll significantly compromise fresh-powder and slush cutting capabilities.

Also, be careful on glare ice, no matter the tread depth.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

point taken, but i drive safe in snow. no need to push it. 6/32 is still a deep tread. i've been around cars for some time and have scene 3/32nd with edge wear make it through bad snow as long as you drive safe. but no matter your vehicle, tire choice or brake choice, you cant control the other driver variable. ;)

^ Not trying to make a point, my friend. ;) Just trying to pass something on, by experience. :) I absolutely love my 3Ds, but I've rotated them to a "transitional seasons" use, now that they're just a hair above the "winter-wear bar/snow-platform." As of the latter half of last season, I started noticing significantly decreased powder and slush performance. Just wanted to be sure that you were on the look-out, too. :)

i've been around cars for some time and have scene 3/32nd with edge wear make it through bad snow as long as you drive safe. but no matter your vehicle, tire choice or brake choice, you cant control the other driver variable. ;)

Exactly. :) As long as one's careful enough, even minimal-tread all-seasons should not be too much of a problem - given that conditions are not excessively severe.

But like you said, the only thing that cannot be controlled-for are the other nuts out there, and to a degree, that's what we're doing to equalize the playing field, to make sure that by having as much traction we possibly can, under worsening conditions, that we are able to effectively "move out of the way."

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived