LegacyGT.com

Back again.

almondcookie

• 3 weeks later...

Yea, it's been super crazy. Buying a car is like a walk in the park compared to buying a house. I would say probably on the same level as a root canal with pair of rusty spoons. =P. The house part is fine and picking all the options, that's cool too, but dealing with the people/contractors that have the "I didn't do it. I'm not sure why it was done like that." attitude is frustrating. They wired the AC units outside wrong so the fans would kick on but no AC. I love driving home when it's 92 degrees only to walk to a house that's 99+. Who doesn't? Super Fantastic. Luckily I know people and I have outstanding I.O.Us AND they do HVAC. I know I should kick their asses and have the builders do it but .. Getting time off work, the pulling of the leg bit, and all that. I'll just do it.

Already working on finishing the basement. I seriously want to get a pool table but I'm trying to figure out where it'll without hitting any walls for those edge shots.. Maybe a room just for movies. House mods > car mods.

So yep PA. New Freedom specifically so I'm not too far away from the MD line. Neighborhood is real nice. Relatively quiet... when I'm not charging up and down the street with the wagon or the 7. I've driven around Harrisburg but haven't gone up to philly or any sight-seeing because of the home improvement.

Car stuff, not much at all. My buddy's thinking about selling his M5 and picking up a LGT. So hopefully he'll start posting here soon. Anyone looking for a 450+hp M5? Looks like the forums are still going strong. Haven't seen any new legacies though but almost every 3rd/4th person does have a subaru.

How do you have a 5 digit post count????? =)

Hey bro! Welcome back! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Hey bro! Welcome back! :)

hey hey. thanks. How's life out... west? :)

Hey,,I just noticed this ,,welcome back,,,BTW,,your not far from me at all.

There's a Belair area Suby/Nissan meetup group thats really active Meetup.com › Subaru › Bel Air Subaru Meetup Group

if your interested. Rudy

Thanks.

Doh.. :icon_mad: got dinged by the stupid work proxy. I'll definitely check it out when I get home. Using local roads, it'll take me about 35/40min to get to Harford Mall. That's not bad considering I'm completely inept with directions. NAV on the phone ftw! :). But it'll be good to see some forum folks again.

Is there a meet coming very soon? My friend recently bought a super pimp old-school RS. She said something about "dinner" "saturday" "july" and "soon".

On a completely different note:

I saw on autoweek a link for .. i think it's pahillclimb.org. I'd probably google it first to doublecheck it. Looks very interesting.

Damn I just noticed ,,,next meet this Sat(July15th) at 7pm.

Pm me if you need directions but I think they are on the site.

Rob from MTS will be there with his Legacy gt also.

7pm will work for me. I/we usually stop working on the basement around 4:30-5pm so that'll give me some time to get cleaned up and head out without rushing. PM on the way.

... Are you sure that Rob will be there? In his vendor forum, I believe he's going on vacation soon. I'm trying to get ss brake lines. If he's going to be there, that would be hot. I'll just give him the money there.

Dude, I live right up 83 in Dallastown.

NICE. Where's Dallastown? =P. The only places I know in PA (don't laugh):

New Freedom - because I live there

Shrewsbury - home depot; cracker barrel

Harrisburg - 1st time got lost; 2nd time coworker gave me a tour

Thomasville - yea, I got lost.. again

Leader Heights - coworker lives there; piccadeli's farm (damn good icecream)

... That's about it. =). I should get out and see PA more.

You plan on going to the meet on the 15th?

If you go East on Leader Heights you run into Dallastown. Is the ice cream place in a red building? I think that's Perry Dell.

Is it Perry Dell? They have their own giftshop/mini-mart? My coworker lives literally on the other side of the field.

Definitely have to meet up then if you're that close.

Is there a meet coming very soon? My friend recently bought a super pimp old-school RS. She said something about "dinner" "saturday" "july" and "soon".

By any chance could her name be Laura? If so, I know her and introduced her to the group.

(btw-I'm the guy who runs the Bel Air Subaru Club)

Joe

It sucked that I couldn't get all the house stuff done earlier. It was already getting a little dark/evening-ish when I got there. But I met some new people, which was cool. Pizza was good too. Does the group meet usually go to the same pizza place or do try to mix it up and go to different places?

Yeah, to tired to post last night. Drive back was fun. Getting on 439(?) your car sounded real throaty. We'll have to hit some more meets.

I drive all the time (I've had some bad experiences with friends that think they know how to drive and attempt to drive my cars - so no one is allowed to drive my cars). How loud is it from outside? I was mostly in 4th the whole time.

I would have driven better/faster but I'm trying to navigate home with phone in hand and I'm still unfamiliar with the roads so I don't know the blind or hilly corners were the police like to sit. The road has some nice bends and hills to it. I'm thinking I should spring for some brighter/better lights though.

Phones with gps nav ftw! =)

It sucked that I couldn't get all the house stuff done earlier. It was already getting a little dark/evening-ish when I got there. But I met some new people, which was cool. Pizza was good too. Does the group meet usually go to the same pizza place or do try to mix it up and go to different places?

That's basically the routine. The shop welcomes us and the selection/quality is hard to beat. It's also close by and the dining room is great. So that's :icon_cool

I drive all the time (I've had some bad experiences with friends that think they know how to drive and attempt to drive my cars - so no one is allowed to drive my cars). How loud is it from outside? I was mostly in 4th the whole time.

I would have driven better/faster but I'm trying to navigate home with phone in hand and I'm still unfamiliar with the roads so I don't know the blind or hilly corners were the police like to sit. The road has some nice bends and hills to it. I'm thinking I should spring for some brighter/better lights though.

Phones with gps nav ftw! =)

I only noticed the sound when we took the slow left onto 439. I assumed you dropped to 2nd(I did).

Archived