LegacyGT.com

What turbo to use 09 LGT

I need to know what is the stock turbo on my 09LGT, along with some suggestions on a modest size upgrade.

I had the oil feed pipe on my 09LGT crack. I have all the piping /gaskets, but the unanswered question is 'Has the turbo been starved of oil and do I need to replace it'?

I am running a stage 1 tune and have no intention to go any more, except maybe a new intercooler and bigger injectors.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Intercooler is reccomended if you go past stage 1

Injectors will only be needed if you get a larger turbo or e85. At that point you should have already done: down pipe, fuel pump, clutch.

If you get a larger turbo, depending on how much peak boost you'll be running, you should also be considering: ebcs, bov, intake, suspension/brake mods to keep her rubber-side down

IMHO you should spend a few days searching this site, then come back to This thread and ask some more detailed questions.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

I had my oil feed line crack and the turbo was fine. But I lost almost no oil at all before I discovered the leak. This happened around 10k miles and the turbo was still running strong at 80k miles when I upgraded.
lol

I'd go with a vf52 and get it tuned. If you haven't upgraded the DP it's a go time to do it.

Also if you can, remove the studs in the up pipe and replace them with good bolts. I got my bolts and nuts from the dealer. It's much easier to install the turbo and new oil return line, hint, hint, hint.

Use anti-seize compound on the nuts and bolts.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived