LegacyGT.com

desperate need help on code 14

i desperate need help bc my car at highway and dont want lose and only way to move if run again. first i but a gas 98 and later i put a gas 87 i think would make any diferent but i was drive to work and car stop run

and give me a code 12 14 15 16 33 and 35

i went to junk yard and get a two fuel rack and injection fuel too and reset computer and now only show code 14 any body know ho i can fix and make car run agaian plz thks.

According to the chart here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/reading-obd-codes-146240.html

Code 14 is injector #1, which is (if I'm right) the right front cylinder.

If you have changed injector I suggest that you check the cabling for damages (rodents?) and also ground problems. If nothing else it may be the ECU that has gone bad.

The earlier codes (12 etc...) seems to indicate that there is or has been some electrical malfunction like a bad grounding or ECU hiccup. All those codes usually don't come at once in that way. At least it was good that you did read them before clearing them.

Take special care to remove cables from grounding points for the ECU, cleaning the contacts and then reconnect them. It may be what's needed. Also check/clean grounding cable between battery and chassis as well as between engine and chassis.

453747.png

im sorry i know thsat kind bdumb question but how i do that. and u think that why car dont want start. yep i change a inject fuel rack i pick up on junk yard and also i spray on all for connector to make sure it not anything wrong but still not crank will turn but not start and only show that code 14 over and over.

That's the cam position sensor that's failing, and if that's for real then it won't give a spark since it has no clue about when the spark shall go off.

But maybe you should check the battery voltage too before continuing. A bad battery can give really strange problems too.

Unloaded battery shall give somewhere around 12V, with load on (headlights on etc) it shall be just slightly lower - like 11.0-11.5. If voltage drops too much you get problems.

So now you are down to only a few alternatives; Battery, cam sensor or ECU and possibly some grounding error.

453747.png

ok thks i gonna do that and see what happen. but i check if was doing spark only did one spark after turn off engine bc when i try to cranck not spark only after stop trying cranck thks apreciate i will change that sensor and see what happen i find out today where located would be easy now thks.

Archived