LegacyGT.com

Thread posting

H2OSB

I'm curious why every time I post all in a thread all of my paragraph separations go away and my entire post looks like a single paragraph. It LOOKS like it happens with everyones posts, however I may only be seeing posts where the author did not make paragraphs. Is this simply a bandwidth saving feature? Or do I have a formatting option I can change to keep the spacing?Thanks in advanceH2OSB

No, I'm typing directly on the LGT quick reply panel. I tired doing extra returns and it simply keeps pushing everything together. I'm sure it must be one of my settings. The reason I asked if it was a board wide setting was I didn't have this problem before. It's recent, as in maybe the last month.

Thanks anyway. I'll figure it out.

H2OSB

Well, I MAY have figured it out. I just posted a response^^^and went to edit it to say it seemed to be working correctly. Upon hitting the edit key, I found my words all pushed together..

Have a good day folks

H2OSB

No, I'm typing directly on the LGT quick reply panel. I tired doing extra returns and it simply keeps pushing everything together. I'm sure it must be one of my settings. The reason I asked if it was a board wide setting was I didn't have this problem before. It's recent, as in maybe the last month.

Thanks anyway. I'll figure it out.

H2OSB

hit shift-return.. that will give you another carriage return.

it works for me just fine under both quick and advanced modes of posting..

nothing like hitting shift return (kinda picked up that habit for ignoring double-spacing in other word processor programs).

Keefe

Well, I MAY have figured it out. I just posted a response^^^and went to edit it to say it seemed to be working correctly. Upon hitting the edit key, I found my words all pushed together..

Have a good day folks

H2OSB

So how did you fix0rz it?

So how did you fix0rz it?

It wasn't so much a fix as I discovered where it was happening. It APPEARS to happen when I edit my posts. It remains to be seen if that's the only place it's happening.

Keefe, I did try additional carriage returns. It didn't matter what I tried, my posts would all just get pushed together. However, I did not try "shift-return". If it happens again, I'll try that.

I believe I'll live, but one never knows.

H2OSB

• 6 years later...

Archived