LegacyGT.com

What's the best deals on 225/40/18 3 season or summer

ashwinearl

Any tips on best deals out there on bang-4-the-buck tires in 225/40/18. I've seen some rebates on Hankook I'm interested in Hankook Ventus V12, Sumitoito HTR ZIII or those in the similar class. I've seen them around $100-110 each

Is that about right? Any screaming deals out there in similar tires?

I have a line on some Toya Extansa HP for $300 for a set of 4. He got the wrong size and had them installed for just a short time.

Here is the rest of my list:

Manufacturer Model Price delivered Vendor Federal 595 RSR 287

Achilles ATR Sport 308.72

Kumho Ecsta AST 380.52 onlineitres Kumho Ecsta ASX 416 discounttiredirect Kumho Ecsta LE Sport 432 Tirerack Hankook V12 EVO 456

Kumho Ecsta SPT 456

Falken fk452 461.2

Dunlop Direzza DZ 101 476 tirerack Sumitomo HTR Z III 535.04 online tires BF Goodrich G-Force Sport 536 discounttiredirect Falken FK453 540 discounttiredirect Bridgestone Potenza Re 760 580 tirerack BF Goodrich KDW2 660

Bridgeston Potenza RE970AS 664 tirerack

heh, you did. ;)

seriously.. whatever the OP can find in a decent size/price fitment works. I'm happy with my RE760 set.. ran KDW2s before and they were crazy noisy and tramlined quite a bit. Previous owner of my S2k had FK452s and they got super noisy once worn down..

With online deals (and costco locally), price really isn't an issue anymore, unless you want super high performing tires at a super low price.. in which case it all comes down to mounting them.

EG local company (Fountain Tire) will charge you astronomical prices to get tires/wheels mounted if you didn't buy tires from them.. it's called the "Tire Rack surcharge" because they know they can't beat TR's prices.

I run those sumitomos in the summer and have been pleasantly surprised with them. Hard to beat for the cost.

I've been through two sets and I definitely recommend these tires. Hard to beat price and work great. Just get them off before it snows (true of any summer performance tire).

RE92.

/thread.

There's a reason they are cheap - BECAUSE THEY SUCK:eek:

I wouldn't even spend the time to put them on a car I planned to push off a cliff:cool:

My suggestion would be the Potenza 960s (If you can find them still) or RE970s. (I've run both and they are decent in snow and a good compromise for weather to performance tires)

Archived