LegacyGT.com

subwoofers

Jippi

are factory subs worth it? im in need of some bass in my car, its my DD/beater car and kinda need some sound. i m not looking ofr anything major something small, im looking at a basslink for the trunk or something simple like a stock sub. i had a basslink in my volvo before i upgraded it to a single 10 and my mercedes has a single 10 too. i dont really want to loose too much trunk space either the 10s in my other cars takeup a decent amount of space. opinions?

I think almost any 10 inch woofer would be better than the factory woofers. Ive never actually heard the factory woofer in a subaru before, but my mom did have a 2011 G37 as a curtosy car with a factory woofer and it wasnt anything special at all. I personally would just go with a single 10 or 12 is a small sealed box. And you can always make it easy to take in and out with some push terminals on the box and mount your amp out of the way. I had the same problem. I needed the trunk space so I originally was going to make a fiberglass box in the corner of the trunk but then I realized I suck at finerglassing. So I just made a box with some simple push terminals than can be taken out in 10 seconds.

Don't rule out a quality 8" either. If you're not looking to rock the block, a high quality 8" sub with a quality amp would probably do the trick. If you're handy, you may be able to make a box for an 8" and put it in with the spare tire...wouldn't lose any trunk space that way.

Don't rule out a quality 8" either. If you're not looking to rock the block, a high quality 8" sub with a quality amp would probably do the trick. If you're handy, you may be able to make a box for an 8" and put it in with the spare tire...wouldn't lose any trunk space that way.

I agree....I'm about to install the Sound Ordnance B-8P powered bandpass sub (80 watts RMS, enough for me) from Crutchfield. The reviews made me a believer. I cant wait to get it in and hear for myself!

yea i managed to find a factory sub at a local salvage yard out of an 99 30 anniversary ed and they wanted 100 for it i said no and ended up buying a basslink from CL waiting on my wiring kit and im gonna install it when i get the new seats in. my main goal is to to get some bass in the DD and not loose too much trunk space. im planning on mounting it to either the underside of the rear deck or on the side behind the taillight. i have a nice single 10 in my other cars that pound pretty hard so this will be a a bit quieter car.

Archived