LegacyGT.com

Dim driver's side low beam -- all other lights work perfectly

The title pretty much says it all.

My driver's side low beam headlight is significantly dimmer (but lit) than the passenger side. I've replaced the bulb multiple times so I don't believe that is it. I just replace the "front" section of the wiring harness (a small section that connects the driver's side low and hi beams to the rest of the harness) but it's still dim.

Again, all of the other lights work perfectly (both high beams, passenger low beam, yellow turn indicators, etc).

Any ideas?

It's driving me insane (and I just got a ticket for it :mad: ).

Here, [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Kensun-Conversion-Colors-Digital-Ballasts/dp/B004ZF3DYG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1418312804&sr=8-2&keywords=Kensun+HID&pebp=1418312808554]NO MORE DIM LIGHTS[/ame]!

I personally installed and use this kit -- it's legit.

Thanks MrTris. I'll look into that.

However, after doing a little bit of testing, I don't the issue is the actual light output.

To the naked eye, it looks like the lights are both burning at the same brightness (outside of the light assembly).

However, for some reason the light doesn't escape the housing at the full brightness. I'm sure it's not the outer plastic lens (they've both been cleaned/restored and the high beams pass through no problem). It's like the light is trapped in the round projector-like lens.

Guess I'll try cleaning that (any way to do that without taking out the entire assembly?

Guess I'll try cleaning that (any way to do that without taking out the entire assembly?

Nope. Might as well go ahead and clear and/or modify your headlights while you're there, which, in that case, just go HID when you're done, too -

See the Modified Headlight Picture Thread and the How To Clear Your Headlights thread -

and the bulb is properly 'seated' in the housing?

Yes, as far as I can tell. The tab on the side of the bulb is aligned with the cutout in the housing, if that's what you mean.

Anyway, I ordered a "like new" headlight from Amazon for $80 bucks. If you're familiar with Amazon you'll know that "Like new" usually means new/unused with slightly damaged packaging so I consider that a good deal.

Yes, as far as I can tell. The tab on the side of the bulb is aligned with the cutout in the housing, if that's what you mean.

Anyway, I ordered a "like new" headlight from Amazon for $80 bucks. If you're familiar with Amazon you'll know that "Like new" usually means new/unused with slightly damaged packaging so I consider that a good deal.

Jesus H. Christ! The HID kit was less than that! WHY?

$80 for the housing seems like a screaming deal. I thought he meant light, as in, just one.

Hopefully it won't be a crappy fitting depo, but probably is....

Did a quick search on Amazon, the cheapest I found was $120- guess he will post how he got one for $80....

And the $120 was for DEPO....

$80 was from Amazon Warehouse so it's not a deal that can necessarily be replicated (Warehouse stock is revolving). Customer service rep said the outer packaging had minor damage so they can't sell as new which is why it was listed under Amazon Warehouse and sold as "Used - Like New."

Yes it was DEPO but not too concerned about it. With Amazon returns are easy enough if I'm not happy with it. Plus, I've seen DEPO used on other member's cars and I didn't see any fitment issues. My main concern is light pattern/field of vision (which is one reason I didn't go with their "HID" version). Someone else said they had a pretty narrow light pattern, so I'll test it to see how it compares to my OE.

Just got the new Depo assembly. Looks good! Did a quick test (just plugged in the low beams) and it appears to be working perfectly. I guess that means the problem was, in fact, something to do with my headlight assembly.

I guess when I install the Depo unit I'll mess around with the old one to see what was going on.

Also, Amazon is pretty amazing. Ordered it Friday and got it Monday for $80 shipped.

Archived