LegacyGT.com

Yayyy this just made my day

Just had to have the coil changed on our daughter's '97 GT wagon. First thing that ever left her sit - in 125,000 miles. And it died in the driveway of our home. Convenient.

Cheers.

Byll

The check engine light blinks and keeps blinking and it can't accelerate for shit. Even when I floor it. Definitely not firing on all 4 cylinders. Then when the light stops blinking and is on solid it will run fine.. This went from happening once a month to once a week then when it happened two days in a row i brought it to a guy who does good work for cheap so I should know the diagnosis tomorrow

I'm not sure how big of a job this on a subie, but try swapping an injector with a cyl that's not missing to one that you know is , if the misfire follows the injector then you've got a bad injector. Could just be something as simple as a seal. Also take a can of carb cleaner spray it every where theres a vacume hose withthe engine running if your idle changes you've got a leak. Good luck!

• I Donated

• Plugs
  • Wires
  • Coilpack
  • Mass Air Flow Sensor
  • Throttle Position Sensor
  • Intake Manifold Gasket
  • Cracked Intake Manifold
  • Fuel Injectors
  • Fuel Pump
  • Timing Belt (jumped time)
  • Camshaft Position Sensor
  • Crankshaft Position Sensor
  • Valves
  • Cracked Head
  • Cracked Block
  • Blown Head Gasket
  • Pison Rings
  • Idle Air Control Valve
  • Fuel Filter
  • the list goes on.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

The wiring is probably different on a JDM EJ25 so it might not be a plug and play swap. If you are unable to fix your current problem, it may not be prudent to attempt a whole engine swap. Try and fix it first and if you realize that your engine is toast, then do a swap. At the very least you will learn a lot.

Archived