LegacyGT.com

So what do you think

02semiata

So I have been looking and calling on tons of 05+ LGTs both in and out of state and they are always sold. Well I found this one and it was sold but the buyer cant offer the insurance so the dealer called me and I jumped on it. It was odd that insurance was the problem as this is the first car to SAVE me money that I looked at haha. Anyway as of now I put 500 down to save the car but I have not seen it in person. I am going to look at it Satuday. I just wanted to know what you guys think of the price and what not and what to look for when I get there. I already ask and there is no car fax or service history on the car from the dealer :(. I guess I could pony up the cash and run the car fax myself. Anyway thanks I look forward to you're input

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=usedcc&csDlId=&csDgId=&listingId=60052521&listingRecNum=23&criteria=sf1Dir%3DDESC%26mkId%3D20041%26stkTyp%3DU%26mdId%3D21378%26rd%3D100%26crSrtFlds%3DstkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId-transTypeId%26zc%3D11566%26rn%3D0%26PMmt%3D1-1-0%26stkTypId%3D28881%26sf2Dir%3DASC%26sf1Nm%3Dprice%26sf2Nm%3Dmiles%26transTypeId%3D28112%26rpp%3D50%26feedSegId%3D28705&aff=national

If it was someone with a bad insurance history, their company may have denied coverage, or quoted them so much they couldn't afford the car payment and the insurance. Not that odd. The car looks decent, I would have had a carfax before putting down a deposit, but it comes with a 60 day 3k warranty. Looks like it’s in good shape, only real thing I could see from the pictures is looks like it needs new tires, or maybe they are just street tires, can't really tell. Or wait a month and buy mine :rolleyes: Definitely check it out or take it to a garage to have it looked at. Good Luck

If it was someone with a bad insurance history, their company may have denied coverage, or quoted them so much they couldn't afford the car payment and the insurance. Not that odd. The car looks decent, I would have had a carfax before putting down a deposit, but it comes with a 60 day 3k warranty. Looks like it’s in good shape, only real thing I could see from the pictures is looks like it needs new tires, or maybe they are just street tires, can't really tell. Or wait a month and buy mine :rolleyes: Definitely check it out or take it to a garage to have it looked at. Good Luck

They are replacing the tires but I am sure they are off brand crap lol. I plan to take it to a Subaru tuner/dealer near my house. They worked on my 06 STi when I had it and they are just awesome. You know I have about 2 months before I NEED something so email me details and pictures on your car if you are really selling. Jottofar@gmail.com

Well I ran the car fax and everything looks good. It was a 2 owner car. First owner took it to the dealer for oil changes. 2 owner I got nothing on. I just see he got the car with 23k on the clock and got rid of it with 65k had it for 2 year 7 months. No recalls and both owners are from Maine.

I actually looked at a car about a month ago that the same place had up for sale. Best advice I can give is to go take a look and see it. The LGT I saw on their lot looked great in person. Once I got there I could see it had many small blemishes and various dings, etc. It seemed to drive just fine, but exteriorwise, there was just too much that needed to be touched up. Good luck

-Chris

I actually looked at a car about a month ago that the same place had up for sale. Best advice I can give is to go take a look and see it. The LGT I saw on their lot looked great in person. Once I got there I could see it had many small blemishes and various dings, etc. It seemed to drive just fine, but exteriorwise, there was just too much that needed to be touched up. Good luck

-Chris

O awesome thanks for the heads up. Well the is 6 years old so I can understand the paint. Are you talking about the White legacy gt that had. What did you think of the dealer btw. Also they want to charge me 588 dealer fee what kind bs is that lol

Not sure about the guys there showing the cars. I'm unsure which location you went to because they have two of them on the same stretch of road. The one I was at, the guys seemed pretty laid back. The white legacy is the one I was referring to. And I mis-typed before.... The car looked great on the website. But in person it was another story. As for the fee, that's a little odd, but I decided to stay away from dealers and just find a good private sale. Couldn't be happier.

-Chris

Not sure about the guys there showing the cars. I'm unsure which location you went to because they have two of them on the same stretch of road. The one I was at, the guys seemed pretty laid back. The white legacy is the one I was referring to. And I mis-typed before.... The car looked great on the website. But in person it was another story. As for the fee, that's a little odd, but I decided to stay away from dealers and just find a good private sale. Couldn't be happier.

-Chris

I hear you man. I am getting sick of used car dealers. They just called me last night to tell me during a check of the car it was making a bad noise from the tranny. I told them it might be the turbo as they tend to fail on them. So now they are telling me they might just wholesale the car. At least they are checking over the cars lol

Archived