LegacyGT.com

tranny problems shifting and speedo quit working

so i changed my fluids, tranny and differential, now ive got even more problems. didnt fix the loud whinning noise in the diff(metal grinding), and i drove it 50 miles or so and now the speedo quit working. then 2 miles later the tranny didnt want to shift while in drive(auto trans). its a 95 sub legacy sedan,awd 2.2L. it drove perfectly with the exception of now the tranny wont shift. does anybody have any clue whats going on? the car only has 174k on it, and we all know thats no where close to its lifetime, so im definately not getting rid of it!!! just want her to work properly so i can have it another 10 yrs or so!! if anybody has any idea whats going on PLEASE let me know ASAP!!! after all, we all know what makes a subaru a subaru!!!

ok soo NEVER EVER USE STORE BRAND CRAP haha trust me its garbage but thats my opinion, i personally am going tomorrow to buy oem tranny fluid and diff fluid, as those are the two most import liquids that rarely need changing on your car. although it might be a bite into the wallet its somthing your probally not going to change for another 80,000 or so.

Did you check to see what was the correct type of fluid to put into the tranny?? as that might be the problem too.

the oil that you filled the tranny with sounds to be too thick for some wierd reason. try this find a down hill section somewhere in your nieghbor hood and put it into drive, and see if the car then shifts out of first.

how easily can you manually shift the car, is there any hesitation between gear changes, trouble with the shift lever when moving it??

the speedometer if im right should be located on the trannys but not in it, its just another sensor that by the drive shafts i think (im probably wrong i just remember a friend telling me about this)

Archived