LegacyGT.com

Mass owners - Insurance rate

Tbizz

Hello, I'm a proud owner of a 2010 LGT. I was surpised to find out that my insurance car insurance has increased $70/month coming from an '05 Mazda 3. I live in a small town with no stop lights (crazy huh?), I'm 31 (today) and unmarried.

Does this sound about right for the coverages I've got? I'm curious what other Bay Staters are paying.

$500 Collision and $300 comprehensive deductible covering actual cash value.

100k/300k Bodily injury to others.

$1455/year...no points on my record.

Sound about right?

Shop different companies. It's based on the loss ratio of your particular model car, most likely your company has paid a lot of claims for the Legacy. I was paying 1500.00 yearly with Allstate. I switched to USAA and I pay 900.00 for the same coverage.

Shop different companies. It's based on the loss ratio of your particular model car, most likely your company has paid a lot of claims for the Legacy. I was paying 1500.00 yearly with Allstate. I switched to USAA and I pay 900.00 for the same coverage.

Just saw a commercial for USAA... do they really cover for walks for your pet?

• 4 weeks later...

No points on your record, but do you have discount, are you 00, 99 or 98? What town is the car registered in?

In all my years of driving in MA, biggest factors have been record and where you live, type of car comes in after those. I went from $900 to $600 moving from Waltham to Arlington. Seems a lot $700 more a year for a new car in the same town, you didn't add any drivers or change address?

Shop around since MA is less regulated now, and also consider moving your deductible up to save a few $$, I always go with $1000, even when I had car loans most lenders are ok with it. You don't want to make a claim below $1000 anyways if it is your fault you get surcharges. A few years without incident and it starts to pay you back...

I did appeal it. But i think i thought the court day was a 19th , not the 9th. So i missed it.

how very responsible of you Steven :spin:

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

My Wife & I have a clean records & also live in a nice quite town. I pay $1200 for my 05 LGT LTD Wagon & her 08 Mazda6 I. w00t w00t.. I'm also 28 & married which helps too

I was paying $1400 alone for my MY02 WRX 5 year ago... oof.

We have USAA BTW***

if you missed your appeal date, you can go to the RMV and ask for another one.

Oh that must have changed, last time I dealt with this probably 10 yrs ago, once the ruling was made (not likely in your favor if you don't show) it is a done deal. Pretty sure for a legal matter it is settled once the appeal happens whether you are present or not.

It was in sept 2012... and i already paid the fine...

Can i still apeal? :lol:

There are two things you can "appeal" in MA, first the initial offense which goes through the court system as any other civil or criminal charge. Paying a fine is the equivalent of pleading guilty, so no you cannot appeal the charge after you admit to committing it, also double jeopardy applies I think but IANAL.

If you are assessed a surcharge, you can appeal that with the MA insurance board. This is where you plead the case that it was not your fault, you shouldn't be assessed a surcharge through insurance. The ruling is binding the insurance company can't surcharge if you win this. You can only appeal if it was an "at fault" ruling over multiple parties like an accident. You can't appeal a moving violation surcharge, it is assumed if the court found you guilty you were at fault in that case.

Always appeal tickets if you can through court, and if you are found at fault in an accident, appeal the surcharge, you go before a magistrate in a fairly informal setting, they read the insurance co statements, then you make your case with some matchbox cars, these are pretty easy to win, I have avoided 2 surcharges for being "at fault" this way.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived