LegacyGT.com

Wolfgang Polish and Sealant.

I bought some stuff, for maintainance of the paint for my car and my wifes car. Figured, they are new, so, might as well treat them with some care...and thus, decided to go the route of WG Polish Enhancer, as well as the Paint Sealer.

I applied them to both cars today, after washing, claying, and washing again. Then, applied the Polish by hand, buffed, and then applied the Sealant by machine, and buffed.

Two cars just takes too much time in a day....hehe...but, it was well worth the time and effort. The cars are nice and shiny...and everything looks good. Easy to apply/take off, and leaves a brilliant shine.

One thing I would not recommend, is the Mother's claybar. I think the clay is too soft, and keep falling apart, during use. Good thing I had a spare claybar, which worked MUCH better.

All in all, a 7 hour experience...:eek:...but now that I am done, I feel better...(and tired/aching/etc). Haven't completed everything...so, tomorrow evening, after work, I will finish everything, and hopefully take better pics.

I don't have too many good pics...as it was dark outside...and my wife's P&S doesn't really work the way I want it to...but, here's a couple for those that are interested.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j124/inthedeck/IMG_2796.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j124/inthedeck/IMG_2792.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j124/inthedeck/IMG_2786.jpg

Per the bottle, the polish can be applied by terry or MF applicator, and buffed, after is dries to a haze. For the sealant, it may be applied by orbital.

In either case, next time, I will try a different method, to save a bit of time....and use the orbital to apply the polish, remove the polish, apply the sealant, and then remove the sealant.

And yes, speeddr....my wife and I both have '08's. Her's is an 2.5 SE, auto, while mine is a GT with 5 Manual.

+10 for Wolfgang sealant, I used it on my car and it looks great. It's also a lot easier to get dirt off now, and it's supposed to last for a long time.. I applied it to mine well over a month ago and it still works fine.

I'm using Wolfgang as well and probably will be sticking with it for quite some time. I used it with the Porter Cable and got great results.

I have pictures in the Legacy Photos section (just look for threads in there started by me).

I'm gonna try the Wolfgang once I use up my Meguiar's products. I've been using their '3 step' products only substituting the NXT wax for the 'step 3' wax (step 1 is cleaner, step 2 is polish). It looks great (the polish deepens garnet red pearl a bit), but the NXT wax just doesn't seem like it lasts as long as it used to.

I was going to use that too, deneb...but, decided to return it to the store, and then purchased the WG products. It's been raining quite hard here, in Jax. today, and it's crazy. The beads of water on the car as just swimming off of the car.

One thing I noticed, though, is how many cars DON'T have ANY kind of protection...from BMW Z4's, to Audi A8's in the parking lot. Sad, really sad. And these people think that because their cars are 'SO' expensive, the paint is just going to take care of itself. Annoying...man, annoying.

One other thing I noticed, here in Jax. is that so many people keep their cars dirty...I mean, people's wheels are dirty, their paint is just horrible, etc. And these aren't beater cars, either...most are Jag. X-types, Z4's, Audi's, Nissans, etc. Ouch...makes me cringe...and I am not half as obsessed as OC... :lol:

Can you give the basics on using an orbital for the polish and sealant? I just bought both a couple weeks ago, and a Siemons orbital (I know, it's not a Porter Cable, I'm a loser, etc.--will chuck it if it doesn't work well).

What pads should you use for each? Any tips on holding, amount of liquid, etc ?

Um, not sure what kind of machine you have, but all I can say is that I didn't use a lot of product.

For the polish, I used beads (approx. five drops the size of an M&M) and applied the polish in a non-swirl motion. Then, took it off with an orbital (I suppose I could have applied it with an orbital as well...maybe next time).

After that, I applied the sealant with an orbital, and buffed it off with a microfiber bonnet attached to the orbital. Again, for the sealant, I squeezed a thin 'swirl' or product onto the applicator pad, put the orbital on the car, and then started it up. Again, not a whole hell of a lot of product...as it really only requires a very thin layer. It spreads pretty well...so, start out with small amounts...that's the best way I can explain it.

Maybe some day, when I can afford a Porter cable, I will understand what the different pads do. No info from me there...sorry.

Archived