LegacyGT.com

Rear wiper issue...

This is probably the most trivial topic you'll see on here, but the rear wiper on my wagon... goes the wrong way. It's fully functional and all, but rather than laying flat on the bottom of the windshield, pointing left and rotating 180 degrees like other wagons, mine is always at ~35 degree angle, goes right to left and only moves about 100 degrees in rotation. I'm guessing there's an aftermarket setup involved?

So my question is, can this be resolved using the existing equipment? And if not, what would I need to do to put it back to normal?

I haven't had a chance to take apart the hatch yet, since this issue's pretty low on my list. It's been like this since I got the car. Any insight is appreciated. Cheers.

Same boat im in, new wiper motor.

The motors have programmed home positions and when they go the arm tends to go where ever, but still work. That's why its only moving a little. It goes the wrong way to start and then hits the physical limit of travel.

Its kinda useless trying to take apart a wiper motor. So finding used (as I recently found out) is our best bet.

Isn't a challenge at all mind you the giant lock nut on the seal on the rear glass. I don't know how bad cars get in NH, but in NY, they are nearly impossible to remove.

Isn't a challenge at all mind you the giant lock nut on the seal on the rear glass. I don't know how bad cars get in NH, but in NY, they are nearly impossible to remove.

I'm actually from NY myself (Ithaca), just going to school up here. And as far as I know, the car was previously registered in Mass, so it's probably been exposed to all the same shit. So it's just the motor I should be concerned with? For some reason I had this crazy idea that it was like a rack and pinion type setup, with the pinion gear on the wiper arm or something.

Archived