LegacyGT.com

SI Drive Steering Wheel Controls Not Working

Dubrxsti

I have a 2008 Legacy 3.0r I had never tried to use the SI controls on the steering wheel until recently and have noticed they do not work. This includes the the up and down arrow buttons as well. All stereo controls and cruise controls buttons work fine. I have checked the connections under the steering wheel and all seem to be plugged in. Where else should I be looking? Any input would be awesome. Thanks in advanced.

I think you've got the buttons confused. The only SI drive button is the S# button on the right.

The 'i' button is an information display button, and the up/down cycle through the information displays on the LCD in the gauge cluster. The 'i' button only does something if you get an 'i' icon on that display -- it will jump to whatever information it has for you.

Alright, that makes sense. I've never been able to use them so I never knew. I do know the S# button doesn't seem to do anything unless I am doing something wrong. And the arrows don't seem to cycle through any info on the gauge cluster. I could just be an idiot though. Thanks for the response though and if you have any other feedback thanks in advance.

Pushing the arrows doesn't cycle the display inside the tach?

And the S# button doesn't put the car into S# mode?

Do your horn/cruise/audio controls work?

You might have a bad clock spring...

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Horn Cruise and Audio Controls all work, It is just the buttons mentioned that don't. I looked into the clock spring you mentioned and did find a DIY on how to repair it but it does not show how to disassemble the steering wheel just how to fix the spring. My only fear is that maybe the airbag will blow up in my face? If you have any info or know of any links on how to dissemble to get to the clock spring it would be much appreciated. I have finals for the rest of the week but then almost a month to work on this = )

Disconnect the battery, grab a the TORX wrench out of your tool kit. There are two torx screws that hold the airbag on. Unscrew them and carefully remove the airbag. Don't forget to disconnect the wires from it!

If you are uncomfortable doing this, find a friend who isn't or take it to a shop.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived