LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

I just did it this morning...one negative thing I noticed-as I am sure others have-cannot keep my foot off the gas! I have already lost .3 on the MPG. Sounds great for me. I do have the Cobb catted DP too. Great modd-and mine was free!

I have noticed the same affect. Dash is saying 20.1 mpg for the past 60 miles. Damn it sounds to good. :)

mendozer, do both sides. Balance of the exhaust signal. May be it doesn't matter with a Y pipe, but balance is key in a lot of things.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

here goes mine

Rear of the Car.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUGvnCeiKmI]YouTube - 2005 Legacy GT with Hogzaust sound[/ame]

Windows Up:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ops4WCgRm8]YouTube - Legacy GT Hogzaust Windows Up[/ame]

Windows Down:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oLk57oCiuQ]YouTube - Legacy GT Hogzaust Windows Down[/ame]

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Spread the word, converts!

To the guy with the 3 vids - the automatic sounds pretty good! I think I still like manual better, but still not bad!

Thanks, actually does pretty good.... I wanted a stick but at the time all i could find in the price range was a auto..... It's okay and at least the wife can drive it lol. I hope to take it to the track at least once but I've been told not to do it all the time.

yah, OK. Ask anyone with the mod how much soot they have.

I ran catless for 2 years and never had a trace of soot, other than what is typical on the exhaust tips. I guess, if you are buring oil or have a HG leak, you could get a little sooty, but then the soot is the least of your worries!

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

hogmeat, know that at least one hogzawst equipped vehicle has participated in the Guinness World Record Subaru meet at Itasca, IL. And I gotta say, it sounded damn nice even compared to aftermarket exhausts. People were paying attention :)

Hey Hog, I just noticed your in Iowa as welll!! If I buy the parts would you be willing to help put the mod on? I think it would be badass to say I got my Hog-zawst from the man himself!! :)

Has anybody had any problems driving the car like this in the Winter, snow and salt on the roads ?

Can you see any problems ?

I have about a 5/8" gap. Do most of my driving during the Winter.

Hey Hog, I just noticed your in Iowa as welll!! If I buy the parts would you be willing to help put the mod on? I think it would be badass to say I got my Hog-zawst from the man himself!! :)

Sure! Next time you plan to be in the Marshalltown area, send me a PM! If they are stuck on, we'll fire up the impact wrench, and zip them right off. CR isn't that far away. Hell, I might come over myself if you'll take me to HuHot to stuff my face afterwards. Rock on!

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

Has anybody had any problems driving the car like this in the Winter, snow and salt on the roads ?

Been in the thread several times...the worst that will happen is the flanges could scale - but not really at any rate that would make them wear out faster than your mufflers already would... I drove 3 winters like that, and no problems!

Is it alright to use the Hogzaust mod with an Accessport Stage 1 flash?

No problems at all and I use my vehicle through Maine Winters.

Now - I can't discuss exactly who makes this as I'm under a form of an "NDA". You all know what happened last time I let something slip without thinking it was any big deal...Bosal was pissed. :oops:

This is a bolt-on exhaust, keeps stock hanger locations, and even keeps the stock tips! This is what makes it so inexpensive!! Makes it completely stock looking, but unleashes a ton of that boxer rumble at idle, and turns into a tame roar when you floor it. A few backfires and pops always accompany it.

I won't release the price of this yet - i'd like to hear your opinions first. But I'll say one thing...You think cat-backs that cost several hundred were crazy? So did I. This is something that will NOT hurt your wallet!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by request to put all vids in the 1st post:

Vids no longer work; check out Youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hogzaust&search_type=&aq=0&oq=hogza

Edited by request to spill the beans:

All that was done was to purchase 8 3/8" washers from a hardware store. Remove 2 bolts and nuts from muffler flange, remove gasket, put 2 washers on each bolt inbetween the flanges, and tighten nut back down. This creates a 1/4" gap - and this was all that was done to create your very own hogzaust. Enjoy!!

Let me know what you all think!!

I Love it! Thanks for the info!

Just did this as well. Everything came apart pretty easily. I went "stage 2" + cut out a portion of the gasket (top portion is covered, bottom isn't), so not sure if that makes me "stage 3." Either way, it's pretty loud. I have an underground garage and people definitely don't expect that sound from my car...

Thanks for the tip Hogmeat!!

damn you rusted on bolts!!!!!! so what if i cut some lines in the pipe right after the flange on the can side? nothing big just a couple of 1" by 2" by 1/8" lines? if it sounds like crap i could always jb weld over the cuts. ??

ahh yea i have one side loped off, but the bolts are stripped now. its just i have no jack or stands so my angle of cutting is extremely limited. but, in theory, could it do the same thing, exhaust leak is an exhaust leak,correct?