LegacyGT.com

myo8 legacy sat nav video intergration

yeah and theres an RCA input on the back, would only need to wire into reverse if you want it to come on automatically im going to do one but just want to be able to turn it on maually as I dont need it all the time, but maybe ill get industrius and connect it to the reverse...

huh, so that's what thats for.

I was kind of wondering if the stock input was standard composite or... surely not I thought..

this has been discussed quite a bit really, especially from people like me who er.. well perhaps a smiley can express my feelings towards nav being avalible 1 year after I bought my car and there being NO HOPE for reasonablly retrofitting it.

OMG WE DONT HAVE IT! ok.. so I'll use another smiley.

:icon_evil:nono::argue:

I was looking for a smiley banging its head against a wall. The above does not express my feelings as I would like them do.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

if you would have paid the 2000+ extra for stock nav then your all set. Pay the 700 for the HCA hvac/ radio split, get a double din hole, get yourself a Pioneer AVIC or similar touch screen double din head unit/DVD player/Nav system and install it in there. Then you will have a higher quality sound system, Better resolution screen, More updated navigation system, and still have the cubby for stuff or adding two gauges. I think thats the ultimate. You can probably do it all for under 2000 if you bargain hunt on the deck and install yourself

I have the spec B so it came standard and I have the MP3 radio with wheel controls so im doing the HCA RCA mod where they will put RCA preamp outs on the back of my deck so I can run an aftermarket sound system but retain all stock features..

huh, so that's what thats for.

I was kind of wondering if the stock input was standard composite or... surely not I thought..

this has been discussed quite a bit really, especially from people like me who er.. well perhaps a smiley can express my feelings towards nav being avalible 1 year after I bought my car and there being NO HOPE for reasonablly retrofitting it.

OMG WE DONT HAVE IT! ok.. so I'll use another smiley.

:icon_evil:nono::argue:

I was looking for a smiley banging its head against a wall. The above does not express my feelings as I would like them do.

and a screen you cant see because its way down in the bottom of the dash and facing the back passengers.

Thats a big hesitation for me is the cubby is really the best and only place to put a screen, and other than hacking things up, you really cant put something there. (believe me, I've done more research on this crap than anyone else whos still totally stock in the radio department :lol:)

are you following me? lol, every thread I post on.. there you are! lol, I guess we just like the same topics, either that or you post on most every topic.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I have an 06 spec B and it has the RCA on the back

That's what he said. the KENWOOD does NOT have it, hence the '08 the OP is talking about wouldn't have it....

I didn't have the option of Nav, as I bought a manual, it was only available with auto, or in the Spec B.... I didn' want it, but it was annoying that I couldn't get it even if I wanted....:confused:

That's what he said. the KENWOOD does NOT have it, hence the '08 the OP is talking about wouldn't have it....

I didn't have the option of Nav, as I bought a manual, it was only available with auto, or in the Spec B.... I didn' want it, but it was annoying that I couldn't get it even if I wanted....:confused:

I was under the impression all the nav units were kenwood and were the same... ill have to look back into the thread

The 2008 Subaru Legacy and Outback OEM Navigation has both backup

camera and auxiliary video inputs located on the rear of the display. The

under seat DVD drive also has a voice control microphone input. All 3 of

these inputs are fully functional (they are being utilized on my 2008).

The 2008 Subaru Legacy and Outback OEM Navigation has both backup

camera and auxiliary video inputs located on the rear of the display. The

under seat DVD drive also has a voice control microphone input. All 3 of

these inputs are fully functional (they are being utilized on my 2008).

My 07 nav has the all the same things and it is a kenwood unit. That composite video can use any video source as evident in my post here:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64698

the new one has the dvd for the nav in the dash and can also play dvd,s through the screen from factory it also has bluetooth phone kit buit in

I'm guessing you're talking about a different car. I have an '08 with Nav, and there is no bluetooth or navDVD in dash and it WILL NOT play DVDs on the screen (or at all for that matter).

I'm guessing you're looking for another forum.

Archived