LegacyGT.com

Choices for replacing A/C condensor

Hey Everyone,

I'm curious what those unfortunate enough to have to replace their A/C condensors have done... I've tried the WTB section, the part out forums etc. I believe the clutch seized up and blew my belt and at this point I just want to repalce the whole thing. It seems the part is no longer available from subaru and aftermarket options seem rare.

Any help would be apreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
Derp, I meant the compressor... I created a WTB thread for one a few weeks ago as well. The few subaru parts online catalogs I've checked have the compressor marked as discontinuted... I emailed ryan from FredBeans and he hasn't got back to me yet over 2 weeks. I'll have to call again.

Junk yard. Do a web search, fill out the on line form, junk yards will contact you.

Or NJ...let's see...have you ever heard of Mike, at www.AZpinstalls.com he's in NJ, I'm sure he'd have info for you. He has a real repair shop in northern NJ.

I'm sure any auto parts store can get one. It's not like the car 80 years old.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Junk yard. Do a web search, fill out the on line form, junk yards will contact you.

Or NJ...let's see...have you ever heard of Mike, at www.AZpinstalls.com he's in NJ, I'm sure he'd have info for you. He has a real repair shop in northern NJ.

I'm sure any auto parts store can get one. It's not like the car 80 years old.

Yea I might contact AZP I was going to have them do some things for me soon. It's like 1 1/2 away from me.

It's bizarre that the thing would be discontinued already!

I can't believe that. email Mike he's normally quick to get back to you.

1.5 hours, you must be at the other end of the state...I was going to say the wrong end of the state, but thought better of it...:) LOL

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I can't believe that. email Mike he's normally quick to get back to you.

1.5 hours, you must be at the other end of the state...I was going to say the wrong end of the state, but thought better of it...:) LOL

I consider that end of the state a giant suburb of New York :lol:

^^^that one looks good, if you want to buy used one. For a bit more you can buy a new one.

You're just looking at seller feedback, see how they rate, replacement warranty-at least one year or more and of course brand. What you can do is go on rockauto and see what they sell, chances are you can find same one on ebay for cheaper.

• 3 weeks later...

Sooo... I bought the above reman ac compressor... Installed it. Recharged it.

Worked fantastic for about 36 hours. Then the unit seized up again. F...M...L. I would assume not blowing the lines out sufficiently enough would be the cause. Metal shavings made their way back into the new unit and there we have it.

Thats what I get I suppose. I may take it to AZP at this point. Sent an email to Mike.

Archived