LegacyGT.com

Tire Tube

Old Grumpy

No, tubeless tires are tubeless for a reason.

My bet is that you have a bad valve steam, or a dried out bead. Have they remounted the tire and changed the valve?

X

---

Put some dish soap into a spray bottle, and fill the bottle with water. Take the valve cap off the tire valve, set the tire to about 40 PSI. Spray the entire tire/wheel/valve with the soapy water. You should be able to find the leak that way.

Is there any reason a tube could not be used in a tire. I have a slow leak that no one can seem to find. The other three tires are fine but have too much wear to just replace the one tire. :confused: :confused:

Yeah you can have a tube put into the tire; offroaders do it all the time just in case the casing gets owned by something.

I don't know if they have anything like that for a low profile tire though.

if you got a slow leak in the bead, have a tire shop inspect the tire bead and rim seating surface, and re mount it.

Never put a tube in a tubeless tire. The inside of most tubeless tires have ridges and seams that will wear holes in the tube. It might be ok for off road, but could be extremely dangerous on the street.
"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Archived