LegacyGT.com

08 Stage 2

Shifty93

Ok, so I decided what the hell, and started ordering a few little things for my car... I've been searching but haven't really came up with any definite answers... I have an AVO panel filter, invidia catless downpipe, on the way, and I'm picking up my Acessport on Tuesday...

Anybody see any problems with this set up, what kinda gains should I expect, and what times should it run... It's an 08 LGT with an auto... Thanks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have it on my car and in my opinion if could return it i would. I'm always getting check engine lights, I bought because i dont want to have to tune my car. I should of just paid for a custom tune, it would have been cheaper too, just my 2 cents(my only mod is only cobb down pipe)

Oh great, that's not the answer I was looking for...lol... I'm going to get the Acessport through Verocious Motorsports, one of my friends works there and runs the dyno/tuning part of the shop, so hopefully he can cut me a deal...

I have it on my car and in my opinion if could return it i would. I'm always getting check engine lights, I bought because i dont want to have to tune my car. I should of just paid for a custom tune, it would have been cheaper too, just my 2 cents(my only mod is only cobb down pipe)

Huh? You're running a dp with no accessport and getting CELs, or you're running a downpipe with an AP and still getting CELs? Catless or catted, and what CEL?

I'm a bit confused too...

"I should of just paid for a custom tune, it would of been cheaper too" That makes me think he already has an acessport straight from Cobb...

Yup, I'm wondering if he's overboosting (which would be a pretty bad CEL to ignore), or if it's just an O2 sensor CEL from running catless, and it hasn't been flipped off in the map.

From Invidia:

WARNING:Downpipes cause CELs (always in catless only 75% of the time in catted). A CEL is a Check Engine Light; your CEL will blink and so will your cruise light (not allowing you to use cruise control) this will not hurt the car in anyway but can be annoying, products like the Cobb Accessport and ECUtek have a feature to turn this CEL off. WARNING:On the 05-07 LGT there are boost spike or creep issues in all cases with the use of an aftermarket downpipe or turboback that uses a bellmouth or external dump tube design. This is because the 2.5L engine pushes so much air. Even with the internal wastegate fully open, not enough air can exit to stop spinning the turbo, the result is boost creep or boost spike. You can fix the problem by porting the stock turbo's wastegate passage (any exhaust shop should be able to do this or it can be done at home) or you can get an engine management system to fix the issue, like a UTEC or AccessPORT.

ok, something to remember on the 08's is that if you do get a CEL, it retards your boost, the car will limp along, unlike prev model years where you can just ignore it. My guess is if he hasn't done proper engine management, that's his problem. Stg 2 is pretty simple however if you hit that P0244 (boost cut) code, it's going to suck suck suck! You need a tune!
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Sorry, i have cobb catted downpipe with stage 2 loaded on the acessport and im always getting P2044 and one other cel i cant remeber the code, but on the acessport it said somthing about bank 1............ not to sure

Hmmm... That sucks Troy, the stage 2 tune should of done away with the O2 codes right??? I want to keep my tune extra safe, so I'll have Verocious make some adjustments for me... I want it a bit quicker, but mainly smoother... My wife drives the car, we use it when we take the kids out and go on long hauls, so I don't want to be risking popping a gasket just for a few extra horsepower... Plus I don't race the car, I just like having extra power when needed ;)

I get the P0244 CEL occasionally while cruising on the highway in 5th or 6th gear then going WOT. I'm using a Rallitek stage 1 map for the moment.

Apparently, you can tune this problem/cel out. I haven't tried the OTS Cobb maps but people have been reporting that particular cel with those maps as well.

I'm going to do some more data logging tonight and pass them on to Rallitek. Hopefully, this will help them revise their stage 1 and 2 maps to help account for the overboost condition.

The map has gotten rid of the dip in high 3000 rpm rev range and has made noticeable amount more power. The first logs I took seem to be ok but I'll need to take some better ones to be sure.

I believe Cobb updated their OTS maps and the Tuner software to address these CELs in a mid-February update (for the 07-08s). If you update your software (OTS) or talk to your tuner (Rallitek), you should be able to address these CELs...

I've been running strong with No CELs for a few months now (Cobb Catted DP, Perrin TMIC, K&N filter, Innovative ProTune).

Well I picked up the acessport today from Verocious... It made a noticable difference in power and smoothness... I'm on the Cobb, 93octane, stage one right now, my downpipe should be here wednesday, so once that's on the car it goes to verocious for tuning... Thanks for the advice/help... This was money well spent in my eyes...

So if I'm understanding this correctly, people are saying with a catless DP and AP, it's still possible to be getting CELs, even though the AP is supposed to be getting rid of them...? I don't want to go to stage II if it's possible I'll be getting a CEL even with my AP.

The code everyone is refering to is P0244. This is an overboost code that can be triggered if the boost is not setup properly which is common in OTS maps.

So if I'm understanding this correctly, people are saying with a catless DP and AP, it's still possible to be getting CELs, even though the AP is supposed to be getting rid of them...? I don't want to go to stage II if it's possible I'll be getting a CEL even with my AP.

I ran Cobb Stage II for about 6 months and 15,000 miles. No issues at all. No CELs at all.

The code everyone is refering to is P0244. This is an overboost code that can be triggered if the boost is not setup properly which is common in OTS maps.

correct. it has nothing to do with your cat or downpipe/exhaust

To the all Stage 2 07's and up who haven't had any CELs...have you put it in 4th at 30mph, or 5th at 40mph, and floored it till 70-80? If not, try it.

Stage 2 is great, but you will have to learn how to drive it to avoid the CELs. I'm just waiting on better maps from Cobb, or confirmation from more than a couple people that PDX maps work.

I wish I wasn't scared to self tune...

To the all Stage 2 07's and up who haven't had any CELs...have you put it in 4th at 30mph, or 5th at 40mph, and floored it till 70-80? If not, try it.

Stage 2 is great, but you will have to learn how to drive it to avoid the CELs. I'm just waiting on better maps from Cobb, or confirmation from more than a couple people that PDX maps work.

I wish I wasn't scared to self tune...

Don't be scare, however it isn't even available yet...

So obviously there are problems with stage II with just the AP tune. So it would be smarter to wait until you can afford a pro tune so you can be sure to avoid CELs.

You'll be fine. only issue really to be of any concern is not to over boost. otherwise, no big deal. just clear the CEL and move on.

Archived