LegacyGT.com

P0171 System Too Lean FML

05LGTL 5EAT

So after replacing the leaking bank 2 valve cover gasket and cracked turbine housing, everything is put back together and i get the car running. After driving it for about 30 minutes it kicks only this code out. Ive checked the MAF out. Its giving me 26.0 inHg which is right for my elevation and the flow rate is accurate for idle and under boosted load. It appeared clean but I used some MAF cleaner to ensure.

Ive checked all over for vacuum leaks. The T under the intercooler was the first thing I checked. Everything is solid. I have suspiscion that it is indeed a vacuum leak on a line under the manifold that I cant see. Long term fuel trims stay around 0 at idle and climb up to 14 in a load and highway speed. The short term trims are around 25 at idle and go down as the car loads and gets up to highway speed. This tells me that the sensors are not giving accurate info, but I know they are working properly and that there is a leak somewhere.

Is there anything significant under the intake manifold that could be leaking? I would really hate to pull off the manifold just to check for leaks if there is nothing under there. Ive had enough of working on this thing with just the damn valve cover gasket and turbine housing and putting it all back together. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you for your time!

Archived