LegacyGT.com

should I get my car with warranty?

uptown4784

I bought an 09 with 15k and it came with a 5 yr 100k warranty. Its nice, and knock on wood I havent had to use it yet, but its definetly causing some internal conflict about going stage 2 and voiding the warranty, or driving it stock powerwise and not capitalizing on its potential. So if u plan on keeping it pretty stock, get the warranty. If not......up to you

Special Edition is the non-turbo 2.5i correct?

The non-turbo Subaru's are generally highly reliable, so it basically comes down to cost and your comfort.

If its a Subaru of America warranty, I'd say its completely up to you. If its a 3rd party warranty, I'd skip it. Too many people have issues trying to actually collect with the 3rd party warranty companies.

I got the Subaru bumper to bumper warranty when I bought my legacy. I went into the finance office prepared to be a hard ass and not fall for their crap. I'm pretty damn skeptical of up sells. This is just me of course, but I thought it was a great deal and scooped it up. To not have to worry about one thing for three years (other than glass, rubber and molding) is pretty sweet. Plus they told me that trade in value would be better also due to the fact the dealer knows anything and everything is covered at no cost to them.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents. Grats on the new car!

If you're on a budget and gas mileage is important to you, stick with the 2.5i. If not, get the LGT. There hasn't been a single day I regret getting the turbo even though you'll be taking a mpg hit, plus the required premium gas, and extra money because the mod bug which will eventually bite you.

Archived