LegacyGT.com

legacys not selling?

I drove by the dealer today just to have an update while I wait ALL DAY on the stupid GA DNR website to load so I can renew my boat registration before selling it.. and I noticed that not 1 legacy has been sold at the local dealer for almost 6 months now..

they have the same 4-5 legacys.. a black i, 2 red GT LTD... 1 5EAT 1 5MT, a white GT 5EAT w/o spoiler, and a blue 2004..

whats the deal?

and.. does this mean this could be a very good time to try and buy? I mean if they're not selling.. that should mean a good deal right?

still debating 5EAT or 5MT.. dunno how to drive manual very well, but I plan to try to get some more exp[erience of it under my belt in the next couple days..

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

a lot of GT buyers are enthusiasts and want their car a certain way. Im sure the dealership has sold quite a few straight from the factory or from a dealer exchange. If not then meh, more recognition for us to stand out.

I hear that.. I'm the same way, I want a white ltd. with TAN.. but I have never seen one.. only outbacks in tan.. but if I buy one off the lot I get a better deal cos they want them to move, although it takes a sacrifice to do that, the red ones look good, but I've always been a white car feind, my current trucks pewter and I like it.. but I drool at the white ones still

the white on these cars is beautiful anyway, that pearl in it just really brings it out.. but I dunno, based on their 6 month invenotry, if I buy one from here, I wont get one exactly like I want it seems :(

I like the idea of the 5MT.. I go through ATs like candy, every car I have usually has a transmission problem at 40k or less cos I jhust beat on em.. they're always in the wrong gear! so I like that aspect of a manual.. however.. I work doing on-site computer work, so I can get a call at any minute taht can drastically mess up my day or change my course around the city, so its important that I answer the phone.. I hafgve a bluethooth headunit to use, but I do all kindsa crazy stuff when driving now like eating drinking, playing with my ipod, even writing down phone #s.. time is money. I dont get paid to drive from site to site (1099 :( ) so I try not to stop heh so thats one reason to keep an AT.. but NOT blowing a tranny every 20-40k miles is definatley a good reason heh

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I hear that.. I'm the same way, I want a white ltd. with TAN.. but I have never seen one.. only outbacks in tan..

My dealer up here (PA) has a white/tan LGT limited, manual transmission. Looks good but I want a white/black LGT non-limited :)

I ordered mine. They didn't even try to sell me one on the lot. I walked in w/ what I wanted, said I wanted it ordered (not a dealer swap even if available), and 6 weeks later it was mine.

I've been checking the inventories of Legacy GTs on serveral dealerships online. Most of the cars are still there - and it has been couple weeks.

Dont know if the people are waiting for the '06 versions or the GTs dont sell as much at the 2.5i's.

For the price in the high 20's - there's a lot of competitors out there; Subaru isnt popular from where I live. Most people drive Hondas, Toyotas, Acuras, Infinitis, etc.

Somehow I feel worried if I get a Subaru it would be little hard to sell later - but for anyone who test drives one, they'll likely gonna want it.

Question for you Southerners (or others who live where good-weather days greatly outnumber bad).

:)

My parents are both in Atlanta, GA - and they both mentioned that LGTs are a rare sight. Actually, since I've looked at the LGT, they've not seen one, period, on the roads down there.

Similarly, while I was down in Atl. this past weekend, I didn't see a single LGT......

My reasoning was that the AWD traction really wasn't needed down there, and that the trade-off for "premium" unleaded plus worse gas-economy would push most buyers in such climates, in this segment, in to more conventional rides.

Any thoughts to this end?

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Same here, most people in Cary, drive Acura, Infiniti, Mercs, BMW and a few Porsches. I spotted a sick Porsche at a traffic light and it turned to be a Carrera S AWD, with a twin-turbo mod. Man that's sick.

I've only sighted a GT twice in the triangle, North Carolina since I got mine 10 months ago, and I think it was the same one, a silver GT sedan with Texas plates + some front bumper damage, holler if you're here.

Mojo

I keed I keeed

CHERRY HILL, N.J., May 3, 2005, -- Subaru of America, Inc. today reported the best April sales in the company’s history with total unit sales for the month of 16,717 units. This total represents a 23 percent increase from the same period last year. The Subaru Legacy line led the way by also posting a best-ever April total, rising 40 percent from April 2004.

“April was a record-breaking month for Subaru, and we are strongly encouraged by our sales momentum this year,” said Fred Adcock, executive vice president, Subaru of America, Inc. “We expect to continue this trend, as well as attract new customers to our brand with next month’s launch of our brand new flagship vehicle, the seven-passenger, progressive SUV, Subaru B9 Tribeca.”

Every vehicle in the Subaru product line posted a gain. The Legacy model line recorded a best-ever April with 8,698units, up 40 percent from last year; while Subaru Outback posted a strong 5,736 units for the month. Subaru Forester posted solid April sales, up 2 percent from the same period last year with 4,549 units. The Impreza line recorded 2,841 unit sales, up 24 percent; while Subaru Baja recorded a 2 percent increase with 629 units for the month.

For a complete sales chart and additional information about Subaru of America, Inc. and Subaru vehicles, visit our media website at www.media.subaru.com.

My parents are both in Atlanta, GA - and they both mentioned that LGTs are a rare sight. Actually, since I've looked at the LGT, they've not seen one, period, on the roads down there.

Similarly, while I was down in Atl. this past weekend, I didn't see a single LGT......

My reasoning was that the AWD traction really wasn't needed down there, and that the trade-off for "premium" unleaded plus worse gas-economy would push most buyers in such climates, in this segment, in to more conventional rides.

Any thoughts to this end?

Agreed, on the road besides a friend of mine sirhecubus on here, I have seen maybe 1 or 2 GTs.. LGTs.. ever. infact to me before I really took a good long look at my friends car, to me it was "just another import" and blended in like a civic, now that I know it has more bang per buck than anything even near it in comparative markets, they stick out almost like a golden goose...

I agree, I am somewhat hesitant due to the huge amount of depreciation experienced in these cars, rust is not something that occur here, winter tires dont exist, if we get 1/2" snow schools close.. so there is no demand for AWD from a snow perspective, however handlnig is always good and if you compare similar market cars.. that is carswith similar performance and power.. they all get the same mileage or just slightly better.. I have compared the car's driving experience to an acura TL and BMW 330i, both cars way out of the LGT's price range, but posessing times and performance around the same.. botjh of those cars get 20mpg on 93 octane compard to the 19 the LGT gets..

19 is horrid for a 4cyl motor lol, but when you add a turbo and an AWD powerrtain you know exactly where it goes..

I still dont know 100% that I am going to buy one due to the fact that positive equity might be impossible.. according to edmunds these cars depreciate almost $9,000 after they leave the lot the 1st year, that means to me if I get $9000 off sticker I will still only break even on the car, thats too close to call, I do not want to get stuck in a negative equity vehicle..

Everyone needs to realize a lot of people think of Subarus as all wheel drive wagons and off-road vehicles. I myself did not know about the Legacy GT until last year when I purchased my first WRX. Yes you can get a great deal on a Lergacy GT right now but that does not mean it's not selling because it depreciates alot or evryone hates them, a lot of people do not know Subaru makes sedans. As far as Edmunds goes, Edmunds figures are always wrong especially there pricing. $9,000 depreciation for the first year is BS. Take a Mercedes or BMW back to a dealer after 3 months of ownership. You will lose at least $4-6,000 offf of the MSRP you paid. I went from a CLK500 to a G35 to Subaru Legacy GT. The CLK spent most of the time in the Mercedes service department. I finally sold that piece. I could of easily afforded any car up to $50,000 but I chose to purchase the Legacy GT. Peformance, reliability and overall vlaue of what you get for the price. (Plus I love my WRX, 12,000 miles and not one problem) By buying the Legacy GT I was able to also get my Ducati which I have wanted for years and still had money left over.

Deckard

bladerunner -

I agree, I was ignorant as to the performance and feature-packed offering that Subaru gave us in the LGT until I rather stumbled upon it while shopping for my wife's WRX. This is definitely a consumer attitude/outlook here in North America that Subaru needs to change (and they've been doing a decent job of it, I'd say, for a start). For those of my father's generation and much of that which lies between his and mine, it seems that the pervasive feeling among car-buyers is that Subarus are grocery getters - if extremely reliable ones at that, and very well-equipped to handle bad weather.

I also agree, though, with darkfox1. It's true that our LGTs do suffer from very bad residuals. As I shopped for a lease with my LGT (current financial concerns for our family, including starting one, having just now bought a new house, needing to also get my wife a car, and our deciding to roll-over more of our paychecks per-month in to retirement/investment; we currently carry no consumer credit loans), the thing that really killed my monthly payment was the rather poor residual of the LGT. Certainly, first-year depreciation may not be quite THAT bad, but it truly is bad enough...... :(

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

Legacy's do sell, but they sell way better up north for the AWD that comes in handy 6-8 months out of the year there. I live in FL and my dealer told me straight up that the north is kicking their ass in sales of the legacy, but on the flip side is the Impreza. Personally, thats good news to me. Their giving me the LGT for approx. $100 over invoice (i save about $2G that i wasnt expecting to) and my car will be rare! I hate having a car that everyone else has. For the whole year, and probably most of last year if my memory serves me right, i have seen 3 Legacy's! Thats it, just 3. And i beleive that I saw the same one twice.

I need to get out more! :) I still have yet to see an LGT here in NE Ohio, in the Cleveland metro area. :(

-A

I agree nyogi, the other day I saw 2 brand new white toyota camrys side by side going down the road, and then a pewter-ish colored one passed them going the other direction.. I like to blend in somewhat cos it makes you safer from tickets.. but I dont wanna blend in THAT much.. every car I have I do some little tweak to make it different from all the others, on a legacy it will be the clearout corners and LED turn signal bulbs, HID retrofit, and maybe somewhere down the road a nice set of thinner spoked rims like the spec B has.. infact.. I want a spec B!! GRRRRRR

I took my brother to the Sub dealer the other day to check out the Legacy GT sedan. To his surprise, he didnt know how nice the Legacy looked both inside and out; he thought we was gonna check out the station wagon.

I can't find a new unlimited in the area that I want. Looking for limiteds, otherwise I may just wait for the 06s.

And I hope it stays that way.:D

But seriously, what's keeping you from pullin the trigger on a relatively dirt cheap Un-Limited GT, which will not be available MY06. Exterior/Interior Color, Options, Price ?

Mojo

I keed I keeed

Archived