LegacyGT.com

Strange Electrical Plug?

I have only had this car for about two months now, and have had some lingering questions. The first of which is a solo electrical connector that I found on the driver's side of the vehicle by the radiator. The wire and connector appear to part of the same harness that the power for the fan motor comes from.

Photos:

6065025719094483073?authkey=CJ6OhtqgrtOMxgE

On another note is a slight wine normal with the subaru's AWD system? I here the noise mostly when letting off of the gas at highway speeds. The noise sounds like letting off of the gas in a manual transmission car (but mine is an automatic). Gear oil has been changed recently.

Do you mean automatic fluid change? Front diff has separate gear oil with the auto trans (as well as rear diff). I'd make sure all three have been changed and have the correct fluid in them.
All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

Yea, I did all of the work on the car my self. I changed front and rear differential fluid, transmission fluid and filter as well. A full fluid change was one of the first things that I did when I got the car. Any thoughts on the connector anyone?

I was actually wondering the same exact thing myself. That was the only thing that I could think of. I just figured that if that were the case subaru would have put a plug over the connector end to protect it from weather an corrosion.

Archived