LegacyGT.com

Stock PSI for 08 Legacy Spec B

I've just recently purchased a new 08 Spec B. Pretty happy with the performance so far, it handles like a dream. The car's got about 1K miles on it so I hope it gets a bit faster once its all broken in.

Anyone know how much PSI the stock turbo is pushing in Sport #?

my 08 LGT makes ~13.7 psi, i think i read somewhere the spec b some how makes 14 in wot, if not wot, you wont make full boost, s# just makes the turbo spool quicker at lower rev, and a different throttle response

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Any idea what the car's capiable of? What do you think guys think about the Cobb Access port. Should I stage I or Stage II.

The car handles so awesome, ten times better than my A4 Quattro but it could use some more juice. It only has 1000 miles on it so its not fully broken in. Maybe it will loosen up?

You will see performance improvements once you go stage 2. On an 08 that means a downpipe (DP) and reflash with the Cobb AP.

That will give you a bit of a performance boost.

You should also consider upgrading your brakes at the very least. Upgraded pads and fluid certainly make a difference.

Another thing to consider (even with the SpecB bilsteins) are upgraded springs and sway bars.

Unfortunately once you upgrade one thing it starts to show the car's shortcomings in other areas.

Good luck.

I did the AP, it definitely helped in every SI mode in terms of git up and go as well as smoothness. I find I am still getting 22-24 mpg in mixed driving in "s" mode the majority of the time, so it seems like the AP does do a better job of burning the fuel efficiently. My experience wrt handling is that it seems to need swaybars and maybe even bushings to give a more "solid" feel. Haven't done that yet, but it is on the list.

• 1 month later...
I've just recently purchased a new 08 Spec B. Pretty happy with the performance so far, it handles like a dream. The car's got about 1K miles on it so I hope it gets a bit faster once its all broken in.

Anyone know how much PSI the stock turbo is pushing in Sport #?

iirc subaru states 13.5psi.

Is it the same for the 2007 Spec B?

Archived