LegacyGT.com

How Would You Rate Your Subaru Service Center's Waiting Area?

How would rank your most recent Subaru waiting area?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. How would rank your most recent Subaru waiting area?

• 5 stars
    • 4 stars
    • 3 stars
    • 2 stars
    • 1 star

A poll just for fun.

I was thinking to myself today as I was shelling out $85 an hour for service that I was sitting in a decent, but not great waiting area. It had two couches and a late 90s TV, but nothing great. Complimentary coffee. Thte room itself was drafty and poorly lit. And I had to sit around with GM owners.

Now Concordville Subaru on the PA/DE border, that's a waiting area. Soft chairs, plenty of Subaru reading materials, new TV, salt water fish tank, classy furniture and both coffee and Dunkin Donuts. That place is sweet. Nicer than the Nissan waiting area at the same dealer.

And while we're at it, what do you pay per hour for labor? $85 an hour is the highest I have ever paid.

You were in the room they put the pre 05 legacy owners.:lol: Nah mine isnt even a room, its up againts the outside all glass wall and then there are two more glass wall inside, so you have 3 glass walls, 2 metal benches a 32inch tv and a couple tables.

Otto's Subaru - Ottawa...

Gave 'em 4 stars. Glossy magazines, coffee-table art books, coffee and tea, soft drinks, snacks at breakfast, etc. Haven't checked for wireless yet (if they have it they're getting 5 stars).

We have a LCD flat screen w/ Direct TV, leather seating, Complimentary Coffee/ soda machine and a snake machine, plus free WiFi in our lounge.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

We have the same, but with PS2, also... :spin:

If I worked there, I'd know where I would spend my day :D

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Atlantic Subaru Cape Cod, MA

3/5 Not bad but not good either. The waiting area is also the area where you walk in to get parts. There's only like 5 chairs in there, a very small TV, and a lot of Subaru reading materials which is a plus. Labor here is $90 and hour.

Clay Subaru...Norwood, MA

4 Stars

Big flat panel TV

Free WiFi

Good looking dealership

Drive in a garage type entrance, park, they take your car and you go sit down at a desk to get the paperwork going, then go inside to the TV waiting room.

I didn't give it 5 stars b/c they don't have a good selection of car magazines, the seats aren't that comfortable and no free food/drinks.

We have a LCD flat screen w/ Direct TV, leather seating, Complimentary Coffee/ soda machine and a snake machine, plus free WiFi in our lounge.

Same thing at my dealer with 50"+ plasma, furniture. coffee and even two laptops for internet browsing beyond free wifi. I believe there is a basket full of snacks too.

I should add free loaners with service since I bought my cars from that dealer. You have to book usually 2-3 weeks but nice benefit.

I kick tires on the lot the whole time and check-out any and all unlocked new cars anyways. Rather have the dealerships spend more money on salary for the mechanics and new equipment/tools vs furniture and what not regardless.

5 stars here. Santa Cruz Subaru just bought Santa Cruz Mazda and moved into thier building and it is quite nice. New furnature, 50" plazma on dish network, complementry coffie, and the crown jewl, free wifi.

Oh, and forgot to mention, the remote is on the coffie table next to the courches for all to use and change the channel.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

5 stars here. the area is great with a flat screen that always has sports on.. couches coffee vending machine. i know most of sale people so its always fun to strike a conversation. All people are friendly especially the service managers, they provided great help in modding car with discounts! lol

Lynnes, Nissan/Subaru.

Waiting area used to be upstairs somewhere above the garage, with an 80s style look: Brown/orange carpet, vertical wood-like walls, and a huge tube tv.

Now that they've moved across the street, the waiting area's just the same place as the office where they service the customers, and the windows to the garage are blocked off.

There ARE magazines though, but I think they need to renew their subscriptions because I've read the same Car & Driver's issue of the 2007 STI vs. the Evo VIII(?) the last 2 oil changes I've had.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

I kick tires on the lot the whole time and check-out any and all unlocked new cars anyways. Rather have the dealerships spend more money on salary for the mechanics and new equipment/tools vs furniture and what not regardless.

Yes, but you would be surprised at how many people really bitch about the waiting room's on surveys. Our Kia customers still complain about it and we have leather seating, flatscreen and direct tv with free wifi among other things.

Free wifi or even wired internet is the most important thing to me. I am a 100% telecommuter and don't mind what a shop has for amenities. In NH small indy shops even have this most of the time as most places don't know to configure their wireless router and its open. All shops that perform emmissions inspections in NH are required to have internet connection to upload the results (pass/fail) of a OBD-II vehicle to state.

Mine has wifi, pretty big dlp with cable, standard subaru dealership reading material, winnie the pooh play room, and I think free coffee (I don't drink it so I'm not positive). I usally roam around the lot or chat with one of the cooler sales guys if they aren't busy.

It's nothing amazing, but it's always clean and it's definitely better than some of the other waiting rooms I have been in.

I gave Brown Subaru a 4.

It has a flat panel TV on cable. Free coffee, soft drinks, bottled water and snacks. A free computer - not sure about wifi. Semi comfortable waiting room furniture. Lots of GM owners. No outside windows. Lots of reading material but not many car mags.

Funny thing is a couple of years ago Subaru made them create a seperate building for Subarus (they also sell Isuzus, Pontiacs and GM trucks). The waiting area there is some chairs and sofas in the corner of the showroom. Lots of car mags. No coffee or anything to eat or drink. That building is now basically shuttered - they are only selling about 2 Subarus a month. But there were no GM owners.

Archived