LegacyGT.com

Just big feet????

Whats goin on fellow LGT owners... heres my gripe... traded in my 02 WRX for the LGT... I wear a size 12-13 shoe.. I'm having a hard time not hitting the tops of my shoes on the ceiling that rests above the pedals.. and the distance between the brake and the gas.. .I find my self steping on both at times because of the lack of distance.... Anyone else experience that problem... I know its petty..but still wanted to check it out w/ some of you..

I know some people have had some problems with this. I think that you can take the pannel off which is just above your toes, and in fact i think some people have. Personally i have a size 12, usually wear steel toe docs to work, and i have no problem what so ever with any of these issues. lucky me i guess.

Thanks for the info fellas... I guess I'll just have to get used to it... I'm not a big fan of removing parts from cars that are supposed to be there for one reason or another... I'll just deal w/ it and adapt..

I wear 13's and find it acceptable. I think it's actually because I keep my heel back pretty far from the pedal (which I find more comfortable). The only downside is when I wear wider-soled shoes. Then I sometimes used to snag the other pedal. Not as much now with the WRX pedals though.

[quote name='REX2LGT']Thanks for the info fellas... I guess I'll just have to get used to it... I'm not a big fan of removing parts from cars that are supposed to be there for one reason or another... I'll just deal w/ it and adapt..[/quote] I had the same problem and decided to remove the panel. You will pick up an additional 1/2" of clearance. I just tie wrapped the OBD plug to another wire harness to get it out of the way. It is a poor design.

I have slightly larger than normal feet and on a very few occassions I had the same problem, depening on the shoes I use. And it's an automatic! I got used to it. Still, I think there's definitely a design issue here otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion. I think we have to realise this is a smallish car. I compared the internal space with other "competing" cars before I bought the GT and I found it to be the "tightest" of the lot, back as well as front. I looked at BMW, Audi, Maxda, and Honda. However, I liked the size the GT - it's just right, although a few mm's extra all round would have been perfect.

I have no problem shifting my foot to heel and toe in either direction in my maxima (heel on gas, toe on brake, or vice versa), but no-way with the legacy, it's probably easiset to just roll between pedals using the ball of my foot, something I prefer not to do however, since slipping off the brake is not fun entering a corner. If I ever got one I definitely would be removing panels. --sigmeda

[quote name='Ridgeracer']Funny....To me the Legacy feels bigger than my old 98 Accord[/quote] That's right. In fact, even when I got my GT, I still thought it looked slightly larger or the same as the others - until I parked next to a BMW 330 and new Honda Accord. My GT then looked smaller. Not to worry, there's not much in it and I'm still smiling. Anyway, I'm now at the age where I'll be shrinking from now on so it will be the perfect size soon enough :)

Archived