LegacyGT.com

Electrical problems - help?

So tonight a friend and I decided to have a play around with our cars.

While I was taking out my HID fog lights my friend decided to pull my stock tune and flash his drive by wire tables into my car.

The car runs fine, but we have some problems...

• No interior lights
  • No door courtesy lights
  • No stereo
  • No Sat Nav
  • The 'open door' light on the dash doesn't appear when the doors are open
  • Keyless entry and locking doesn't work

But I have power to the windows and the sunroof, both work. We also checked all the fuses and they are fine and getting power

After we found all that out, we pulled that tune and flashed the stock tune back in the car but nothing changed. Tried and ECU reset and nothing else happened.

We aren't sure what went wrong or how to fix it. Does anybody have any idea's?

Maybe obvious, but did you try disconnecting the battery for an hour or so?

I'm curious about the context. Does your friend have the same vehicle/engine/ECU version as you? It looks like you have an NA H6. Was he just trying to get you more power?

I don't know how to solve this problem, but more information is always appreciated.

So tonight a friend and I decided to have a play around with our cars.

While I was taking out my HID fog lights my friend decided to pull my stock tune and flash his drive by wire tables into my car.

The car runs fine, but we have some problems...

• No interior lights
  • No door courtesy lights
  • No stereo
  • No Sat Nav
  • The 'open door' light on the dash doesn't appear when the doors are open
  • Keyless entry and locking doesn't work

But I have power to the windows and the sunroof, both work. We also checked all the fuses and they are fine and getting power

After we found all that out, we pulled that tune and flashed the stock tune back in the car but nothing changed. Tried and ECU reset and nothing else happened.

We aren't sure what went wrong or how to fix it. Does anybody have any idea's?

Maybe obvious, but did you try disconnecting the battery for an hour or so?

I'm curious about the context. Does your friend have the same vehicle/engine/ECU version as you? It looks like you have an NA H6. Was he just trying to get you more power?

I don't know how to solve this problem, but more information is always appreciated.

I'm his mate that was working with him on his car.

Same car and ecu and wasn't flashing my tune just copied my dbw tables to his map and reflashed .

Yeh tried disconnecting the battery .

All fuses are ok and getting power to them at the right time cross referenced with my h6

The ciggie lighter has power ac has power. Car runs fine and it is back onto his stock tune.

Just without proper wiring diagrams from this point gets bit tricky

Yeah we need more info. What car is the map from? What system did he use to flash it?

I would tend to think that a fuse or relay got blown while you were swapping out your HIDs and he had the key "on" to do the flash.

-Mike Paisan

AZP's First Private Track Event, June 19 at NJMP Thunderbolt $315 including Classroom and Mentor!

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/145749898/original.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg http://www.whiteline.com.au/images/logos/perf1.jpg

11+ Years Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Subaru Enthusiasts.

Call directly as We carry almost every manufacturer now, so before you buy parts call us.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Direct Jobber |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Wait a minute, I missed the while I was working on the car and re-flashing...at the same time...IMO bad idea.

I think Mike is on to something.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Ecuflash was used . With a tacktric box

Was his same map going back in with slightly edited dbw tsbles.

While he was changing the foggies no lights were turned on

I'm thinking hoping it's wiring from the obd port to the biu was dislodged as the panels flex a bit

He's thinking possibly the retro fit satnav need more time with it

All fuses are ok and powering when they should cross reffernced. With my car .

Can anyone point out what releys might be on that circuit as we don't have a wiring diagram

Archived